Did go to lawyer about Grandbaby....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Sep 6, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

She said we have a very strong case and it should be easy to get custody, even adopt my grand-daughter later if we wanted, just based on what I told her was going on. The baby has been with me for 11 months now. She asked if the parents had paid any child support, I said no, she said all rights are usually terminated after 12 months of no support. Wow, I didn't know that. She said it would go very quickly now. Thank god in heaven. I have been so stressed. The sherrif's will serve the mother with custody papers real soon. I hope in the meantime, the lawyer can get me some emergency temperary guardianship to keep them from taking the baby from me. I have t sneak over and take pictures o where they are living while they are not home to give to the judge. I feel kind of bad about that, but I do own the trailer they live in. They haven't paid me one cent in rent for 11 months either. And they have totally trahed the place. It has become druggie flop house. I can't stand it. They always have people hanging around there that look like hell, like crack addicts I suppose. Or worse. I don't know, I've never been into that scene. I know I don't want my grandbaby anywhere around that mess. It cost us a fortune to retain the lawyer. $3550.00. If it keeps Kaylie safe, it's worth very penny. Please pray for us that it all works out and my son don't try to kill me or something.

Take care!

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so glad you have a lawyer to help you out. Kaylie is so lucky that she has you to keep her out of that terrible situation with her parents. Are you going to wait until the 12 mos. pass with no support before they are served, or is the lawyer drawing up the paperwork now? I was just wondering, if they are served now, do you think they would come up with some money so their rights are not terminated? I would guess that they are probably unaware of this law, do you know?

I pray that your situation stays safe and that everything turns out well. Keep us updated and good luck to you! Kim :)
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Kellyann I just wanted to say thank you to you and all the other grandparents that haven taken the time to protect their grandbabies. It takes a special kind of women to do that. I wish all grandmother were like you. Maybe then we wouldnt' have so many shaken baby syndrom or police officers finding babies in garbage bins. I hear these sad stories everday it seems and it never gets better. When I read what you have done and are trying to do it gives me heart to know that there are still very special people in this world still that put someone elses safty and security above their own. My heart goes out to your little grand daughter and someone needs to say thank you to you for everything you've done and are going to do. God Bless you for being such a wonderful grandmother. May we all have the strenth to do what you are doing. Hang in there and know that you are in the right........SueF
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

So much for the much needed support! I am filing right now asap! We did go over and get the pictures and the are awful to say the least of the trailer they have been living in. Totally gross! The Judge will have a fit when he sees these pictures! I nead to run to the sheriff's office tomorrow morning to get a copy of Cynthia's(baby's mom) domestic volence record froma few moths back. She had another one when she first got pregnant. She flipped out and tried to beat up my oldest daughter. There was a police report made but no arrest because Cynthia ran off and they couldn't find her. Cynthia is a very violent person. I do have tapes of her just screaming her head off at all hours of the night too. She does not need to have this baby under any sircumstances. I am praying it all moves very quickly and they have an emergency hearing to give me temperary custody until this can go to court.

I would just die if Cynthia came and took Kaylie out of my house!

Thanks for you much needed support!

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2007]
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Cynthia and David will be served very soon, either tomorrow pr the next day. Then I'll have custody of Kaylie until this goes to court. Which most likely will only take a few days. Then things will get down to the nitty gritty, about how they abuse drugs, refuse to work regular, and keep their house a total hog stye. Plus the fact that the mother is insane, or rather she is bipoplar and refuses to undergo treatment or take medication because she says the meds make her feel like a "zombie", so she would rather act like a total idiot. I hope they take a hair folicle test on the both of them. They may do a paternity test on my son since they were not married at the time of Kaylie's birth. Kaylie looks exactly like my son. Jesus it would break my heart if it come to find out she were not his, I would just die. I'd want to keep her anyway. I love the little bugger to pieces!
    Well wish me luck over the next few dys, lord knows it is going to get very stressful around here.

Take care!
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am worried about how bad the baby's mother is going to go crazy pyhcho on me. I think I might need a restraining order. Jeez the stress is just going to kill me over all this. I guess I'll just have to call the police if she comes over here. And i do hve a 22 shot gun if all else fails. The girl is very violent and as nuts as they come.
    She broke an iron skillet on my son's back. I'm sure it wasn't one of the old fashioned ones but still. And she did that just because he accidentally made her palystation game reset. She is crazy.

Pray for us please!

7. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Kellyann I would get that restraining order right away. See if you can't have it served the same time as the other papers. I would honestly probably find some place else to go that day too. Your doing a good thing and the last thing you need is to have the babies mon go off on you. we all know it's her own fault. if you do decide to stay home then lock the doors and windows. there is nothing that says you have to let someone in your house if they knock. hopefully you also have caller id so that if she tries to call you then you won't have to answer it. Good luck in making it through the next few days and weeks. God Bless you and all the other Grandmothers that have big hearts like you......SueF
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Watching the progress and praying for a great outcome...and for safety for you and your dear granddaughter.

Hang in there!

9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I just wanted to tell you I am thinking of you today as the
    papers are being served. I am surprised your lawyer did not automatically get a restraining order for you, I would! Please be careful, you are doing a wonderful thing, but I want you and Kaylie to stay safe. I will say a prayer for you. Update us when you can. Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2007]
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I signed all the final paperwork today! So they will be served tomorrow or this weekend. I hope this weekend because then my husband will be at home, and he won't take any crap from them. I just can not handle any more stress whatsoever. I may drive out to my daughter's house who lives an hour away tomorrow, just in case. If I lock the door's they just break in, they do it all the time when I'm asleep. They use a screw driver and pop the lock on the back door. I need dead bolts I geuss and door chains.

This is so stressful! But it is for Kaylie's sake!

11. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I was also going to suggest that you wait until the 12 month period of no support is over to make your case stronger.

I'm suggesting that you seriously consider getting an inside dog. I'd not get a puppy---that is waaaaaaaaay too much work. You want an animal who will bark if someone enters your home---day or night. I'm saying this because of the way you describe Kaylie's parents.

12. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Hi, nice to meet ya. I looked at your profile and noticed your birthday is in Sept. Mine is also. What day is yours? Mine is tomorrow the 15th.

I am sorry you have CFS. That is a horrible disease. I have RA and probably some aspects of CFS or FMS. I also have OA, GERD, DDD, High blod pressure, RLS, heart valve probs., osteoporosis. Sure I left something out!!!! Am 53 as of tomorrow.

The horses on your profile are beautiful. My husband loves horses and would love to have a ranch with horses. He loves to ride. I can't ride. Couldn't get up on a horse if my life depended on it!

Well, was just wondering what day your birthday was.

13. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I agree with some of the other posters here that you should leave and go somewhere they would not think about, for you and your small children's safety. Just to avoid any probs while the anger with them will be so fresh. Hopefully they will calm down after it settles in with them.

Am praying for you and your situation.

14. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I was going to go to my daughter's house this morning but was in so much pain that I couldn't. So I slept in a bit and woke up and my son was asleep on my couch. So he had not been served yet. So I just let him stay and visit the baby, I saw no harm in that. I really am not so worried about him as I am about his girlfriend going crazy. She is the one with bipolor disorder. Besides, I figured I dang well am not going to be run off from my house at my age. I'll stand up to the crazy girl. If she wants to come over and try to hurt me, I do have a 22 shotgun sitting right next to my bed. I'll call the police first of course. I am too old and sick to fight her. I'd aim low, I would not want to hurt her. Surely she would just go on at the sight of the gun. But you have no idea how really crazy this girl can get. And yes I do believe I need to get a restraining order asap.

So, I am just sitting here waiting for the bomb to go off. I could not wait until the 12 months was up because they could come in at any time and just take Kaylie. The had threatened to already and they had nowhere to take her an no money, they couldn't even have bought her a bottle of milk. And all because they were mad at my husband and me. They had no concern about Kaylie's well being. They were going to just go stay with friends, a night here, then a night somewhere else. I about had a fit. That is why I had to file for emergeny custody due to deprivation of a minor child. There should be a court hearing very quickly. I can't wait to hear them tell all their excuses to the Judge.

I think the courts set it up on like a six month time frame for the parents to get their act together. If they don't by a year's time, I think I'll be abe to get permanent custody, or maybe even adopt Kaylie. I would adopt her in a heartbeat. To make sure Kaylie never has to go live with her mother.

Sorry this is so long, I am just worried and needing to vent. My nerves are just shot today.

P.S. Pray for us please!
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hang in there. Praying for you and your darling little girl.

16. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Am prayaing for your right now, that you and your household will all be safe today and that everything will be alright. Hang in there! You are doing a wonderful thing.

Lots of Gentle Hugs and Prayers,
  17. kellyann

kellyann New Member

So they must not have been served today. I don't know if the sheriff's office serves people on sundays. It will probably be monday now. I just hope they don't try to come over and get Kaylie to take her over to Kylie's other Grandma's house or something. I'd have to put my foot down and say no way! I'll tell them I'd already made plans. I just wish it would hurry up and get over with so I could quit worrying.

I have had a bad fever and a migraine all day. Feel like heck. And my hands are bothering me so bad. Real sore, and so hot to the touch. No fun for a quilter!

Thanks for all the support!

18. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have three horses. A huge black and white paint, she is about 17 hands if not taller, she is huge! A bay, and a black pony.
    All mares! I have not gone riding in a long time though. I do enjoy watching themm run in the pasture.
    My husband puts them in the back yard to "mow" the grass. They come right up to the sliding glass door of the house looking for treats, haha!

I still have not heard anything from my son or his girlfriend. I wish this would just get over with.

I did spend the day at my oldest daughter's today, can't do that again tomorrow it's just too far to drive. I guess I'll get through this someday.

19. kellyann

kellyann New Member

They have been served. My son waited all day at my house to jump on me, but I made apoint of not being there. He left me a nasty note, said he was going to tell the judge about all the narcotics I take. And about how he is no longer my son now. Oh well sorry he feels that way, but I have to do what is best for Kaylie. As for the narcotics, I am under the care of my doctor for a cronic disabling disease. So there's nothing the judge will do or say about that. My son sure doesn't have dr's precriptions for all the drugs he uses, haha! He also said he was going to hide out in the woods and sneak in the house and steal Kaylie. I believe that is Kidnapping. And he'll go to jail for a good long time for that. I have been keeping the doors looked just in case.I'm so tied of all the drama!I haven't heard one word from Kaylie's birth mother, truth be told, she is probably relieved, I don't think she honesty wants Kaylie.

20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Kelly Ann,

I just read some of these posts. You are indeed a very special person for taking in your little granddaughter. I hope everything goes well for you both and that your son and his girlfirend don't go more psycho in this battle.

Please keep us all informed. i cannot believe that I have not seen your post before !

God bless you and Kayle ( and your husband too),

Granni (Marilyn)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2007]