Did I have a seizure?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beans, Nov 18, 2002.

1. beans

beans New Member

I was very tired just dragging and we went to see a movie.

I had no nap that day.

But I slept good the night before.

All morning we walked around stores.
    Even though I was very tired and pushing my self.
    And was not really enjoying it.

Before the movie I had plenty of coffee.
    Food and sugar.

It was in the middle of the afternoon and I was trying very hard to pay attention to the movie even though I was sleepy and some thing really weird happened.

For the briefest moment I lost control of my eyes they were opening and shutting very fast.
    I felt like I did not know were I was and I could not hear any thing.

Then I got control of my self and decided not to let on to any one what just happened.

I decided the movie was not that important and that I was truely sleepy and that I was trying to hard so I allowed my self to close my eyes.

I did not plan to fall asleep just to lay my head back and listen to sound.
    I was told that I fell asleep and that I was completely out of it.
    I do not remember being out of it.
    I was told I was breathing very hard as if I was sleeping.
    Any one have this happen.
    Beans
  2. beans

beans New Member

I was very tired just dragging and we went to see a movie.

I had no nap that day.

But I slept good the night before.

All morning we walked around stores.
    Even though I was very tired and pushing my self.
    And was not really enjoying it.

Before the movie I had plenty of coffee.
    Food and sugar.

It was in the middle of the afternoon and I was trying very hard to pay attention to the movie even though I was sleepy and some thing really weird happened.

For the briefest moment I lost control of my eyes they were opening and shutting very fast.
    I felt like I did not know were I was and I could not hear any thing.

Then I got control of my self and decided not to let on to any one what just happened.

I decided the movie was not that important and that I was truely sleepy and that I was trying to hard so I allowed my self to close my eyes.

I did not plan to fall asleep just to lay my head back and listen to sound.
    I was told that I fell asleep and that I was completely out of it.
    I do not remember being out of it.
    I was told I was breathing very hard as if I was sleeping.
    Any one have this happen.
    Beans
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Love, Mikie
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I had a few in a movie theater. I have to have lights ON when I watch tv at night~~the flashes and strobes and bright lights trigger seizure activity FOR ME. I pray that you'll tell your MD and have an EEG.
    Love,
    Kady
  5. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Beans I hav done this many times myself .My daughter has seizures.I had a brain mri and they saw nothing.Just lately i was having spasms so bad in my back and left leg i went into a full body spasms or flopping around thing but when it stopped i knew everything.But the falling asleep thing right after and not knowing what happened is what my daughter does.Please go to a dr>LindaGa
  6. phenom

phenom New Member

what u have described is what happens to me when i faint - maybe its just that? is not as scary as a seizure i'm sure - i wouldn't want to have one of those!

phenom
  7. twjen

twjen New Member

I read something very interesting on another sight that some people with fibro. get miclonic epilepsy. I found this very interesting since a few years ago before my fibro symptoms began in full I had these episodes several times a day. Dr. sent me to neurologist and I had an mri, i never got any results, so I guess the mri was fine. But at the appt. I had the neuro. said that I had just described a kind of seizure called myclonic epilepsy. Over the next few years they decreased tremendously before the new symptoms (you know them all) came on. Interesting, just thought id share this with you.
  8. Bkay

Bkay New Member

I have that same feeling, mine was the other day when I was taking a nap..I felt like I had a seizure and when I woke up didn't know if I had a dream or it was real...This is the second time since 1999 when I came down with all this mess...Don't know if it is a sympton of Fibro or not...Had alot of test and xray showed nothing..But it is very scarey. So I know where you are coming from....