Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, May 8, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

first some background.
    I was diagnosed by a rhumatologist. He was not interested in treating me so I was being treated by my GP for the past two years. He supports my disabiltiy claim.
    Well, the doc is great but his staff wasn't...2-3 hour waits with not enough chairs....emergency calles to the er in the middle of my appt...cancelled appts at last min..etc.
    I got fed up and decided to go to another rhumy I had seen for a second opinion by my Gp last year.

My concern:

I changed dr.s RIGHT AFTER I filed my reconsideration. Soc. SEc. does not have the new docs info...And to make things worse, I'm not sure this doc will support my claim since I have only seen him twice so far. (My attorney reccomended him as well as ppl in my support group.)

I am concerned if my GP says that he is no longer treating me.....and the rhumy says I haven't been treated by him long enough to say I am disabled....Am I worried about nothing or Have I really screwed up.

Advice?
    Achy

2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

should be available at your hearing from both doctors. I don't think you messed up, but I haven't been in your shoes yet. I hope not to be. dolsgirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You may have done yourself a big favor. If an atty. recommends a doc, it usually means the doc is favorable to a determination of disability.

Love, Mikie
  4. donna13210

donna13210 Member

One suggestion: ask your present doctor to request a copy of your chart/records from the previous doctor. They should oblige without question. You can request the copies yourself, and legally you are entitled to them, but your old doctor may be quicker to send them to your new doc.

Good luck!

[ advertisement ]