Did I shave my legs for this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, Jun 2, 2003.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

This weekend was my youngest grandaughter's 5th birthday so I rested up all Sat morning so I could go. I shaved my legs and colored my hair Friday night so I wouldn't have that to do on Sat. It was a swim party at my DIL's parents house, but since I would never put on a bathing suit in front of all those strange mommies and daddies I chose instead to just wear shorts.

I didn't do a lot while we were there. Mostly just stretched out in a padded lounge chair and soaked up some rays. I noticed my lower legs getting a little pink and I guess several othes noticed too cause they kept glancing down at my legs. Oh well.

When I got home I figured I should put some lotion on my legs so they wouldn't peel or get any redder. I poured the lotion in my hands and got ready to rub and OMG! I burst out laughing. I had done a perfect shave job on my left leg, but I forgot to shave the right one and it was totally hairy! Now I know what those looks were for. I laughed til I almost wet my pants. I'm ready guys. Commit me now!!!

Hugs
    Annette
  2. jacqui_k

jacqui_k New Member

I'm sure they'll not forget you in a hurry.Never mind at least you gave them something to talk about.
    LOL Jacqui
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

That was Great. I just love thoes Fibro Moments, lol.

Done that my self, and today was a Dr.s appt., so I did shave, but after reading your Post I had to look to make sure I did both, lol.

That's why we are so much Fun at Partie's, ;o)
    I wear my dress's inside out all the time, and no one ever say's a word, lol.

kredca4/sharon
    (I must confess I thought you were reffering to Dena Carter's Song and Viedo, and this was just as entaining)[This Message was Edited on 06/02/2003]
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

Thanks for sharing this with us, I had to laugh I do things like that all the time. On more occassions, than I like to admit to, I go out with non matching shoes. I could write a whole book on the consequences of my loopy brain.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2003]
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

We ALL have those moments!! well at least all of us fibro people!!I can totally relate! lol
  6. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I did something really stupid and funny at work today and I thought, I should post that on the board and give everyone a laugh :) I remembered that I wanted to post it but
    Now I can't remember what I did LOL :)
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You have my sides hurting from laughing! Thank you soooooo
    much for the laugh.
    I have that awful fatigue today, and I think you just cured it!

I am sending your post (name excluded) to my husband, so help me it sounds like a joke for sure!

Shalom, Shirl
  8. RedB

RedB New Member

This one made my day! LOL LOL

Kathy
  9. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Just having the WORST DAY,needed that good laugh.Soooo funny!!!
  10. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

for sharing. I wasn't laughing when a few months ago I kept getting odd looks at work. Finally, at lunch time I went to the ladies room and realized I forgot to put mascara on one of my eyes. Since I'm a natural blonde & my lashes can barely be seen it was VERY noticable. haha

Lisa
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My husband called, he wanted to know if this was for 'real', I told him it sure was, and that now he should know that I am capable of forgetting anything too.

He was laughing his head off, he said he would have loved to have been at that party, he would have asked if you ran out of blades or was it the shaving cream?????

This man loves a joke, and as a rule I have no sense of humor.

This one will go around the Barge, all of 250 men working there! You are going to be their 'Pin Up' for the week!

Shalom, Shirl
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This is hilarious!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this!

Maybe for your granddaughter's 6th birthday, you can shave the other leg!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  13. larayne

larayne New Member

This is a great story and made me laugh but I got a good belly laugh from pamb's reply. Shave your other leg for the 6th year birthday party next year. This has helped me with my blues. I did something horrible the other day and have cried and cried about it. When I talk sometimes the wrong word comes out. Is this due to FM. I feel so bad. But thanks for the laugh. LaRayne