Did I tell ya'll that......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Dec 2, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

in addition to the cholesterol and triglycerides dropping drastically to normal/near normal numbers (from VERY high numbers) as a result of one month of taking the Lescol XL med. that it has also brought ALL of my liver enzymes into the normal range for the VERY first time since I was a teenager??????? Now, if I'd only have done this years ago, I wouldn't have cirrhosis and I wouldn't have had to have that old liver biopsy and all that stress and worry. I tried to suggest that the Milk Thistle caused the drop in the liver enzymes, but the doctor just laughed and said that my lipids were the culprit that caused the cirrhosis. The Milk Thistle didn't hurt, though!!! At least, the cirrhosis shouldn't worsen and I may not turn fluorescent yellow anytime soon!!!
    The Lescol XL is very expensive and I worry about that since I have no money whatsoever at this moment. The first two months were free, since my doctor gave me coupons from the drug rep. Next month, I'll have to pay:( I was afraid, it being a statin, that it would further damage my liver, but it hasn't and I am so happy about that. Isn't it nice to have some good news once in a while????
    Just thought I'd boast a little, since I've told you guys every little detail of my life including my bowel movement saga!!!
    Love,
    kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

in addition to the cholesterol and triglycerides dropping drastically to normal/near normal numbers (from VERY high numbers) as a result of one month of taking the Lescol XL med. that it has also brought ALL of my liver enzymes into the normal range for the VERY first time since I was a teenager??????? Now, if I'd only have done this years ago, I wouldn't have cirrhosis and I wouldn't have had to have that old liver biopsy and all that stress and worry. I tried to suggest that the Milk Thistle caused the drop in the liver enzymes, but the doctor just laughed and said that my lipids were the culprit that caused the cirrhosis. The Milk Thistle didn't hurt, though!!! At least, the cirrhosis shouldn't worsen and I may not turn fluorescent yellow anytime soon!!!
    The Lescol XL is very expensive and I worry about that since I have no money whatsoever at this moment. The first two months were free, since my doctor gave me coupons from the drug rep. Next month, I'll have to pay:( I was afraid, it being a statin, that it would further damage my liver, but it hasn't and I am so happy about that. Isn't it nice to have some good news once in a while????
    Just thought I'd boast a little, since I've told you guys every little detail of my life including my bowel movement saga!!!
    Love,
    kady
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey Girl...Always glad to hear good news and successes...
    Next time you have some time to surf a bit--- see if you can find some of the programs for free drugs, online. I found some :( but unfortunately they were none of the meds that I was taking.
    Karen
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

You go girl, yes, the good news is great to hear!!!!

Don't feel bad about sharing the bowel habits, I do it too!!!

I was telling my hubby tonight "I can't even go to the bathroom normally any more!"

We are all in the same boat, thank God there are others to share with, the normals don't understand.

Jaci
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Good for you, I'm so happy! I can't seem to figure out what's bugging my liver. My enzymes always run "slightly high". My doc did a abdominal ultrasound & everything looked normal (no cirrhosis, fatty liver). My lipids are always excellent, so that can't be the problem. I've been doing the milk thistle for about 3 weeks; we'll see what happens...

Anyway, I'm glad your liver's "on the mend" I know froim your posts it's always been a worry for you. Those statins can be scary, but for those who really need them, they are a godsend---my husband (a diabetic) got his lipids in line w/statins---diet alone didn't do it, and as a diabetic you just can't fool with high cholesterol.

Hope you continue feeling better!

Hugs,
    Pam

[ advertisement ]