Did it again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Dec 31, 2002.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Last night was the first night since I saw my new rheumy that I have felt halfway decent from all the poking and prodding he did. Well, Mrs. Hercules that I think I am, goes out this am (after getting more than a foot of snow last nite) and shoveled the porch and kept moving the snow off the deck out in front of the plow dh was driving. And now, guess what?!?!? I bet it won't take you long to figure out that now I am so sore, I can barely move, and everything is all flared up again. Why do I keep doing this to myself? Am I such an foghead that I can't remember that doing that kind of stuff hurts? I think Im going to have to post a BIG list of donts by the back door so that every time I go to walk out I can see what Im not supposedd to be doing. lol. Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well this evening. I guess one bonus from this is now I can sit and watch football all day tomorrow - WA is in the Rose Bowl this year! Best wishes and gentle hugs to all! ~ Toni (aka Mrs. Hercules!).
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Meet what 'used to be' the Little Hulk, I was always doing those kind of things (no snow though, I live in Louisiana), but I would grab a 50lb bag of dog food and throw it over my shoulder and empty it in the container I keep it in.

Then get one of those good days, and mop the kitchen, hall and two baths all at the same time. It took years to learn not do stuff like that!

Now I 'think' before I leap at some big heavy job, instead of just doing it.

This pass week, I decided to purge all files around here (we had a cold day with the fireplace going), so I just got a running start and worked at it all day! Wow, talk about back pain.

You would think after 20 years of this I would learn, but now and then I feel perfectly normal little pain, and just do those things.

Writing yourself a list of dos and don't might work, I usually 'talk' to myself when I want to do something that I know will cause me to spend a day or two in bed now.

Enjoy the ball games tomorrow, get that heating pad out, and just relax and let those muscles heal.

Have a Happy New Year!

Shalom, Shirl