Did someone mention Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

I have this habit of reading and reading stuff and them forgetting where I read what.

Did someone mention that it was good for you to rub olive oil on your knees or someplace where it hurts?

My hubby has had double knee surgery and the incisions are doing alright but then I thought, why not try a little olive oil so when he asked me what the olive oil was good for I did not know. Help!!!!!
    ggks
  2. Tiels

Tiels New Member

3. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Yes they are saying that it may have pain relieving properties like Iboprofen. I have never heard of it externally, but internally taken may help relieve pain. I guess you could always try it and see what happens.

Trish :)
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Give organic peanut oil a chance. Rub it on your knees or someplace where it hurts. Works geart for some folks.
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2005]
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

on a recent topic which you can find at
    http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=628704&B=FM#628704

Tansy
  6. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I don't know about it helping pain but I use it for other reasons.

I use it to remove eye make-up, a body oil after a bath/shower, and to help remove dead/dry skin I take 1 cup olive oil and add sugar to it, rub on those areas. To get the sugar off of you just run warm water over area and the olive oil stays.

It should also help scars by making them softer.

Good luck, Kim
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was horribly painful. Shirl told me to open a vitamin E capsule and put the oil on the toe. I couldn't believe how well it relieved the pain. A little oil goes a long way. Perhaps mixing a little vitamin E with some EVOO would be really effective.

Love, Mikie
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

in the uk.
    it has to be frseh and extra virgin olive oil and yes is found to have the same qualitys as ibuprofen except headache relief.

you can drizzle it over salads or just cook with it.
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

This helps me. 10 drops of oil of oregano and 1 oz. of virgin olive oil mixed and then I rub it on sore spots and my whole back bone then my dog spends all day trying to lick it off me. I walk around smelling like a salad (to me). But is beats being in pain:)
    Dee50