Did something sort of stupid, re: tender points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 10, 2005.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I was reading a post about tender points and someone said how they are not necessarily in the place they show on the diagram and said hers at her elbow were somewhere else.

So I started thinking, well, I don't have the ones at my elbow and started poking. Guess what? I bet you have guessed by now.... I DO! And now both my arms are throbbing slightly because I poked myself.

What a dope!

Sonya
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sonya:
    Live and learn, right?
    I used to try to manipulate trigger points the best I could, but it never helped. And my doctor refuses to give me trigger point injections. He does not believe in them.
    I guess it is best to leave them alone.
    NyroFan
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You are great! You sound like me...why I do somethings is beyond me. I do hope you feel better soon. My elbows also hurt...and I leave them alone! (-:

I was hurting fairly badly after the visit to the rheumy because he was poking around my tender points. Felt like kicking him to see if he had tender points. Does this hurt? This? This? Well, I know this will hurt! (-:

I am evil today. Good thing I'm alone right now.

You are a sweetie...thanks for sharing yourself with all of us.

Sue
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I guess I thought I didn't have enough problems! :-D

Well, my PCP poked like his finger was going to come out the other side, maybe it just felt like that! and the rheumy touched so lightly he did not trigger any, but I know they are there.

Yes, live and learn. I think I will leave the other spots be. I guess literally what I don't know won't hurt me!!!

Sonya
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

one night laying in bed I was wondering if the tender points still hurt as bad as when I was first diagnosed and pressed the inside of my elbow, OMG it didn't stop throbbing for a couple of hours, I learned my lesson!!
    Sue
  6. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

I was in bed with Ben Gay (ooops! now I've let the cat out of the bag!!!). My hands, wrists, forearms and elbows were so sore. Anyway, when I was massaging the bengay onto my elbow, I hit that tender point and WOW did it hurt. And yes, it throbbed all night too.......boohoo

cheers, nature