Did too much this Christmas...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jewels920, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

and boy am I paying for it now. Every year I say I'm not going to do it again, and every year I end up making the rounds to see family and "being there" for everybody else.

This year, I saw a friend from out of town. I thoroughly enjoy seeing her but she and her mom wanted to go gambling and I didn't want to be the reason they didn't go.

If you've ever been to "the boat", it's a lot of walking and a lot of standing around. Unless you want to gamble away all the money you need for meds and supplements, which I didn't want to do.

I was OK the day after--it was TWO days afterward that the flare hit. And I'm still walking like the Bride of Frankenstein.

When will I learn?

2. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I'm sneaking a post in here and there when the boss isn't looking. :)

Nice to hear from you again, too.

3. MsE

MsE New Member

Haven't written in ages, but this new format is better than the one I saw last time I visited.

In response to your post, Jules, sometimes it just seems necessary to bite off too much, even when I know I'll have to pay for it. This Christmas was one of those times.

As a result I spent the last couple of days flat on the sofa, and I think tomorrow I'll do the same. But I'm glad I joined family and friends, even if it did mean a bus trip out of town, climbing stairs in my daughter's house, and dealing with too much hustle and bustle. Becoming extremely tired and achy and sick is the price.

Maybe next year I'll have the sense to say "No." MsE