Did we find out if there is a test fda approved for chronic fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jan 28, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Just checking trying to find out something
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I am absolutely not an expert, but I don't think there is. I think there is blood work that shows other things. There are CFS experts here that will chime in.
    Google it, see what you find.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

there are a couple of places that say they will have a blood test within a yr and there are people that have found definite genetic markers, which could lead to tests...also, the mitochondrial research could lead to tests...currently, though, there are various tests that show symptoms and/or aspects of the illness, but nothing to specifically identify it
  4. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Remember the Sakudo test. It was announced in Florida a couple of years ago. It is 97% accurate in diagnosing CFS from healthy individuals. Is in patent process right now. And still needs to be tested as to whether it can diagnose CFS from people with other similar illnesses.

Here is information about it on this website: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=7194&t=CFIDS_FM

5. outofstep

outofstep Member

has developed a test that measures cytokines and chemokines specific to CFS-not yet FDA approved but said last Oct. that they hoped it would be available within a year
  6. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Scroll down in this presentation to the section on Cytokines:

To date, there has never been a study to determine the biomarkers of CFS & FM. There are standard markers they find in every illness. My doctors can tell me without a doubt that I don't have cancer of any kind because I don't have the biomarkers but they can't tell me that I have CFS or FM. Kind of crazy!

Why hasn't anyone bothered to study those found in CFS & FM? The money to do this was diverted to other illnesses that the CDC, NIH, and FDA deemed more important.

Here Dr Nancy Kilmas speculates that the CD26 cell could be a biomarker for CFS:

A low CD57 test is a biomarker for Lyme disease:

After 30+ years, we know next to nothing and have no tests.