Did you know Faith is a Verb?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Faith is not something that just sits inside of you until you decide you need it..It's a verb which means it is an Action word. That's why when we read scriptures with the word faith in it, there is also some action taking place.
    In faith so and so did this, prayed this, etc etc.
    In faith...believin so and so did this.
    There is a differnce between believing and Faith. A person can believe something but never has to DO ANYTHING.
    Faith is that "tool" which takes that "thing" you can't see, taste, hear, smell, or feel and turns it into something tangible. By Faith mountians have been moved!!!
    Faith says...I can't see it, I can't feel it, I can't touch it, I can't smell it or hear it..But God said it is so, so I am going to act like it here! That action may be refusing to worry, not allowing depression to set in, it may be just praising God and saying Lord I can't see it, but I believe it and I Thank you and Praise you for it.
    By Faith Abraham, when he was tried offered up Isaac and received the promise of the Only Begotten Son. By Faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Essau, By Faith Moses when he was born was hid and came to be a great leader, By Faith he walked thru the Red Sea after it was parted, By Faith David and Samuel subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promised and stopped the mouth of Lions! (Hebrews 11)
    This wonderful faith is available to us NOW! It is one of the Gifts that God has given his children. We just need to "step out" and use it.

Father I pray in the name of Jesus, that you will show me and those who read this how to accept this miracle working faith. Help us to be bold in our trust in you. Help us to hear your voice over the voice of our pain, our fear, and our unbelief. Lord, I ask you now to forgive me, for taking this precious gift of faith that you have given me, and throwing it in the back of my closet. Help me Father, to use this gift of faith for my healing and the healing and encouragement, and salvation of others. Help me to take the steps I need to take to activate the Faith you have given me. I give you thanks right now. In Jesus name ...Amen