Did you know....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Apr 10, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

According to "Ideal Bite", an e-newsletter I subscribe to:

"Pre-1900, the cancer rate was 1 in 8,000 people. Chemicals introduced during the Industrial Revolution “helped” increase this number to 1 in 3"

they also say that: "More than 72,000 synthetic chemicals have been invented since World War II."

and that: "The average home today contains over sixty-two chemicals – that’s more than a circa-1900 chemistry lab."

very scary.

If you do a search for Ideal Bite, there is a lot of good info on 'green living' at their site. They send out a one page daily newsletter with interesting tidbits (bites!) There are ads with the newsletters, but they are interesting and usually pertain to green living.

One of the references they give in today's newsletter is for the EPA Non-Toxic Home Products List. Interesting info, talks about alternatives to the usual toxic chemicals the average American uses to clean his or her home.

Here's to living green!

Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

glad you signed up for the Bites. I look forward to reading it every day, hope you will find it useful and fun! I find it also helps to keep me focused on living green.

BTW, Bon Ami cleanser, one of the 'green' ones, is the only cleanser that is kosher for Passover, according to my cousin. I never knew that!

Peace,
    Beth.