Did you make your call today?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stschn, Oct 11, 2010.

1. stschn

stschn New Member

Now that we have had a meeting with the NIH we need to make sure they don't forget about us again! A call every day will remind them and it's easy as they usually just have on the answering machine. You can just ask then what they have do for ME/CFS today. The HIN -NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTHS PHONE # IS 1 301 496 2433. THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND INFCTIOUS DISEASE IF 1 301 496 2263. Please call both everyday to keep them on the research and not let them dismissus us for another 30 years. Thank you, JES
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

on what to say?? i will do it every day, but i can't get my brain to work. so any input on what to put in a letter would be appreciated.

3. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I called both numbers today.... The first one said they could not answer the question, but gave me Mr. Collins address: collinsf@mail.nih.gov.

The other person answering the phone said just one moment please and connected me to a recorder that the office was closed. Funny, but not..... She did not want to speak to me.
    I did leave a message asking them what they are doing for ME/CFS and please return my call.

I think this is a great idea. Call everyday... over and over and over until they get it- They have a crisis on their hands.

Thanks for the idea!!!
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Is she blatently ignoring us or is she busy as CFS is only part of her job description? Maybe she is on sensory overload with all the email and faxes.

At what point do a deluge of faxes become detrimental and backfire?

I am NOT saying that this is a useless advocacy strategy. But every day? Over and over? Sounds like overkill, IMHO.