Did you watch "Dancing With The Stars" tonight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Mar 19, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Billy Ray Cyrus is one of the "stars" on the show this time. He is from my hometown. I know he didn't do very well tonight, nor did he look very well, but .....

can everyone do me a favor and go to www.ABC.com and click on the Dancing With The Stars vote section, register, and vote for him, please? You can vote 11 times ... one right after the other.

If you have a favorite, that's OK, but if you don't, I would appreciate you helping out our hometown boy!!

Thanks everyone!

2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I Love that show, have watched it from the start, got kidded for it, but that's ok, as I know it's all in jest.

I taped it last night, because I couldn't stay awake,
    so I will have to watch it later, you can vote, on line within 24hrs, and that is usually when I do my voting.

I always vote, for my favoties, so hopefully Billy Rae will be one of them.
    I Love his Music, and I did catch a glimpse of him before I nodded off.
    I didn't like his Haircut, but otherwise, He's still a Fox.

How Cool that you live in his area, and I hope the folks there do support him, in this Show.
    It looks easy, HA, as a former Dancer I can tell ya it isn't, and I admire thoes, who do take on this Challenge.
    btw, last year I got to go to the DWTS tour,

It was wonderful,

Nice to meet someone else who enjoys this show.

3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Hi, was wondering if you caught the Show this week.
    Billy Ray sure did show them, what a Country Boy can do, Just about anything, given time, ;o)

I do think he was the Most Improved dancer, and to me that is what the show is about.
    They have some really good dancers this year, but I am hoping that Lelia, (sp?) Ali, will win.

She has never danced before, but with the Boxing training she has great footwork, and also her Stance is great, she really can do it, I think,

I also like the Gold Medalist, Palo (sp?) he was great, and he and his Partner, are going to be even better as the show goes on.
    He's fun too.

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I also love Apollo and Lela. I hope one of them wins!

I think Billy Ray will be around for a few more weeks because of his fan base. And I'll bet we will see even more improvement from him if he does.

The blond ex Miss America will be next to go I think. She's not very good and nobody really knows her. Maybe after her Leeza.

I really love this show. I even skipped 24 to watch this on Monday.
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I like Heather Mills and I voted for her 11 times online. I can never get through via the phone.

I'll continue to vote for Heather until she gets pulled off. Last year I voted for Emmitt Smith and was happy he won.

Hope you are feeling well. I miss hearing from you.

6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Yes I think Billy Ray with be around for awhile, and I think he will improve.

Shandi, is a former Beauty Queen, and is currently on the Game show station, late at night, with a Quizz show, where you can win money.
    I think she is so funny, and I hope she learns how to use her hips, and not pause so much, like she stalls out.
    She also, is teaming up with Chuck Woolery, for a new game show,
    I think it's a Word link type of show.

I love those kinds of games.

When I vote, I usually spread them out over my 4 favorites, with my most fav.,,, getting the other remaining votes.

I love Emmitt and I knew he was going to win, I actually won a bet with the DH over it,
    That's why I got to go to the tour show, lol, lol

ilovecats, I am very impressed with Heather Mills, and if anyone thinks a "Walkover" is easy, well, they just can't appericate, how much effort it was for her to do that, I about fell out of my chair, yelling, Way to Go.
    Hope she stays too, gives eveyone who is Disabled, some Encouragment to try , doing what, they think they can't.
    (Did that make sense? )

As an ex-dancer, I am wanting to take up Ballroom again, poor Dh, lol, lol,
    Probably just hurt myself anyway, lol,
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

is one of the most loathed people in the UK.

She uses her disability for self serving purposes.

I find it hard to believe that she can go on a dancing show in the States and pull the wool over everyone's eyes, but hey, she managed to do that for years here and get her a multi millionaire into the bargain.

8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I love to watch Dancing with the Stars but I don't usually vote. I was really disappointed when Mario didn't win last year, not that Emmitt didn't deserve it, I just love Mario's dimples!

I like Apollo this year. It must be really hard to be an active competing athlete and still get time to practice! That little girl (she's just 18) who is his partner is so cute.

I'm not a fan of Heather Mills. Saw her on Oprah before she married Paul and just really wasn't impressed. I do think by dancing she is an inspiration for disabled people, but that doesn't mean she should win the competition. They are making such a huge deal out of her leg that I am sure she is going to get a lot of sympathy votes and that isn't really what it is about.

9. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

and I voted for Billy Ray cause I am a southern feller.

Man! Ali's daughter and her partner tore me up with that wild mamba! That was just too hot.

10. JLH

JLH New Member

I am sooooo glad that Billy Ray did not get voted off the show this week!! I agree that he was definitely the most improved dancer of the week!!!

He is from the town where I live. He lived here all of his life, until he got famous, of course!

I remember him playing at the county fairs, etc. He is such a genuine, friendly person. I can't help but hope he wins, even though I know he won't.

Heather Mills is a good example for the disabled persons. She was on every talk show the days after her first appearance on the show. I watched her on all of these shows. There is something about her personality that I'm not sure about. I don't know--maybe it's something to do that Paul McCartney is divorcing her, and is was always my favorite Beatle!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL She does dance remarkedly well to have an artificial leg.

Leila is also outstanding.

I will have to continue to support our boy, Billy Ray!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]

LEFTYGG Member

my son went to georgetown college in ky and played football there one of the coaches wive told how she dated billy ray and her mother didnt like him cause hed never be anything

he seems very nice love gail
  12. elliespad

elliespad Member

maybe the first week. Loved it. What night is it on?
  13. mary124

mary124 New Member

I agree I think Billy Ray was most improved. I really don't like Heather, think she is using her disability, hopefully, she will be off in a few weeks, but probably not! our luck, she will win.
  14. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I voted for my fav's and I sure wish they gave us more votes, because they all did a Great Job tonight.

Billy Ray, really improved more, and so did Leza, and Shandi.
    I think they are the weaker dancer's, who are slowly improving, and that is what I look for ....

I got a kick out of the Star Wars, dance, by Joey, but I didn't really like it, the Audance and Judges sure did, tho.

Ian and Cheryl, were pretty good, till the end, when he, fell out of step, thoes Judges sure have keen eyes.
    I kind of thought Cheryl was upset , the way she walked off stage, just ahead of Ian.
    She's good, and I really like her, but she shouldn't get upset, I doubt that would cause them to lose, this week.

So who were your Favorites lastnight/tonight?

15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Yea, I guess Billie Ray is improved but------I love his singing!

I don't care for heather abd neither does our daughter. Hubby is also an amputee but he doesn't care for her either. Granted, she can handle her prothesis well but thaat is not all there4 is to it. She acts silly for one thing and I just don't care for that.

Gentle3 Hugs

16. JLH

JLH New Member

I think my boy, Billy Ray, kept on improving again this week!!!! During his dance, I could see him counting to himself--he was really trying!! The judge noticed him counting, too, darn it!!

I just watched the results show and was so happy that he got to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leftygg: about 13-14 years ago, my daughter was offered a scholarship to Georgetown. I was able to get around then and took her down and toured the campus, etc. she did not end up choosing it because she got a better scholarship for another college, though. That just seems like so long ago now! Did you son enjoy it there?

17. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Tuesday night, the Pro' sure do put on a Great Show.
    I love Josh Groban too, so it was a good show for me.

I did feel badly that Shandi, had to leave, but she did give her all. She's really very sweet.

I was glad that Paulo, made it through also, and of course Billy Ray, and I did get a kick out of his counting, and his partner, I noticed gave him a coulpe of shoudler nug's to keep him in the right direction.
    Love the show once again.

Can't wait for next weeks.