Did your Mom? Part II

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Momma25gr8kids, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Momma25gr8kids

Momma25gr8kids New Member

Breastfed or bottlefed?

Possibly the single most important building block of our lives, our first food.

I was bottlefed, and have allergies (food, environmental, medicinal and chemical), asthma, have suffered severe migrains my whole life, and now this whatever it may turn out to be.

All my boys were breastfed, all healthy, strong and resiliant. They rarely get sick, when they do they recover quickly, they are athletic and very intelligent.

I believe there is a stong connection here.
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

bottle-fed.. it was fasionable in 1960.. I breast fed my girls and my oldest is already showing signs of having a defective immune system at 23..
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

until my first birthday! I breastfed my boys too and they are healthy but I see signs of future health problems in my youngest who is 21. He had mono a few years ago and has never been perfectly healthy since.

Pepper
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I had to be bottlefed soy formula because I had a reaction to breastmilk.
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

was disgusted by breast feeding and picked at me until I bottle fed my son and then when my daughter came along I couldn't breast feed. I think it used to be the healthiest way, but now with the food and water the mother ingests I doubt it's much different. I didn't do formula with either of my kids, but did the old fashioned evaporated milk with sterilized water, Karo syrup and vitamins. They were healthy babies but my daughter now has FM severly and my son has some mental issues I think. Well I know he does. But he also had a father who had problems.
  6. buddylee

buddylee New Member

but most likly she was smoking at the same time
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

To answer the former question, my mother did not smoke -- ever, as far as I am aware.

To answer this question, my mother breastfed, even though it was 'out of fashion' as the other post said in the 1960s. (Her doctor told her she was going back to 'cave man days'.) She told me I was breastfed for six months.

I have one child...I breastfed him until he self-weaned at 34 months (no, that's not a typo).

Unfortunately, he seems to have inherited my adrenal insufficiency. We both took saliva tests (ASI) in the spring to see what our cortisol levels were...his matched mine. Unfortunately, mine was basically flatlined all day...barely off the zero line.