Did your mother take DES to keep from miscarrying you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by petsrme, Apr 8, 2004.

1. petsrme

petsrme Member

I started growing breasts at age 7 or 8 and was not a bit overweight. I started my period at age 11. I had reached my full height of 5' 8" by age 12 and was fully matured with a womanly body. I also had severe growing pains as a youth.

I don't think the DES has caused all fibromyalgia cases, I just think it has added many cases to it . I think it makes it easier for us to get it and other autoimmune diseases. I hope that makes sense. LOL! It is just so strange that fibro began being diagnosed at such large numbers in the generation of this drug. I do think it has a correlation. I am a member of a group of DES daughters and get their emails everyday in daily digest. They sound so much like many of us. I hope one day we will know more about the drug.
  2. petsrme

petsrme Member

I started growing breasts at age 7 or 8 and was not a bit overweight. I started my period at age 11. I had reached my full height of 5' 8" by age 12 and was fully matured with a womanly body. I also had severe growing pains as a youth.

I don't think the DES has caused all fibromyalgia cases, I just think it has added many cases to it . I think it makes it easier for us to get it and other autoimmune diseases. I hope that makes sense. LOL! It is just so strange that fibro began being diagnosed at such large numbers in the generation of this drug. I do think it has a correlation. I am a member of a group of DES daughters and get their emails everyday in daily digest. They sound so much like many of us. I hope one day we will know more about the drug.
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Mable they do think that this can cause problems for the woman who took it. I hope that is not what caused your difficult last pregnancies. The nuts should have made sure you were pregnant instead of giving you drugs. Have your children shown any signs or fibro or CFS or arthritis at an early age?

Have you did any karokeeing lately. I can't spell it LOL!I had never done it in my life, even when I have had a few drinks. It would take a million I think. LOL! Anyway at my daughters birthday party we had the karokee machine out and several of her friends and our family were there. We all took turns singing. I did "She's A Superfreak" by rick james. I can't sing a lick so I am sure all of their ears were ringing. It was so much fun though and liberating.
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

Mable they do think that this can cause problems for the woman who took it. I hope that is not what caused your difficult last pregnancies. The nuts should have made sure you were pregnant instead of giving you drugs. Have your children shown any signs or fibro or CFS or arthritis at an early age?

Have you did any karokeeing lately. I can't spell it LOL!I had never done it in my life, even when I have had a few drinks. It would take a million I think. LOL! Anyway at my daughters birthday party we had the karokee machine out and several of her friends and our family were there. We all took turns singing. I did "She's A Superfreak" by rick james. I can't sing a lick so I am sure all of their ears were ringing. It was so much fun though and liberating.
  5. samhain1641

samhain1641 New Member

My grandmother had this shot when she was pregnant at some point and cancer auto immune disorder and so on have run their course through my family however fibromyalgia has been in the family farther back than my great grandmother who was completely disabled and unable to walk because of it so the des is not the link to my diagnosis of fm... but it was with the other problems i have had....BAD STUFF

sam
  6. samhain1641

samhain1641 New Member

My grandmother had this shot when she was pregnant at some point and cancer auto immune disorder and so on have run their course through my family however fibromyalgia has been in the family farther back than my great grandmother who was completely disabled and unable to walk because of it so the des is not the link to my diagnosis of fm... but it was with the other problems i have had....BAD STUFF

sam
  7. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

My mom took the des for 7 months when pregnant with me. I had 2 miscarriages and a mole pregnancy before I finally had a successful pregnancy. I had dysplasia and had the cells frozen, that was 20 yrs ago, my DR told me the older I get the less chance of any cancer but I guess that isn't true anymore? wish I could sit at the computer to read all the info but my neck and shoulders get very painful, can anyone condense the info to the most important things I need to know? Thanks
  8. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

My mom took the des for 7 months when pregnant with me. I had 2 miscarriages and a mole pregnancy before I finally had a successful pregnancy. I had dysplasia and had the cells frozen, that was 20 yrs ago, my DR told me the older I get the less chance of any cancer but I guess that isn't true anymore? wish I could sit at the computer to read all the info but my neck and shoulders get very painful, can anyone condense the info to the most important things I need to know? Thanks
  9. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I plan on looking into this much more! This thread about DES is too important to let slide.

blessings to all.... CarolK
  10. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I plan on looking into this much more! This thread about DES is too important to let slide.

blessings to all.... CarolK
  11. Ancient1

Ancient1 New Member

I am also a DES daughter! It also affected both of my brothers, each a year younger than myself, she was still getting shots during subsequent pregnancies, whose wifes suffered with infertitility for a decade each. Even though all tests on them checked out normal.

My Mother would have a hysterectomy before she was 30. Her Mother died of cervical cancer by age 54.I wonder now if she also took DES, knowing my Mother was her only child and a miracle birth for her.

I had 6 miscarriages that I was aware of and very difficult pregnancies and deliveries. I have 5 children I gave birth too. A miracle for sure! I had no idea I needed to be aware of problems in their generation and their children's generation, as well. How unfortunate! I feel sad.

My Mom bleed the entire nine months like a full period, while she carried me and was given the DES shot the entire time. Twins were suspected. When I wrote her doctor about it after several miscarriages of my own, he was very uncooperative and defensive, offering no help what so ever to my medical team.
  12. Ancient1

Ancient1 New Member

I am also a DES daughter! It also affected both of my brothers, each a year younger than myself, she was still getting shots during subsequent pregnancies, whose wifes suffered with infertitility for a decade each. Even though all tests on them checked out normal.

My Mother would have a hysterectomy before she was 30. Her Mother died of cervical cancer by age 54.I wonder now if she also took DES, knowing my Mother was her only child and a miracle birth for her.

I had 6 miscarriages that I was aware of and very difficult pregnancies and deliveries. I have 5 children I gave birth too. A miracle for sure! I had no idea I needed to be aware of problems in their generation and their children's generation, as well. How unfortunate! I feel sad.

My Mom bleed the entire nine months like a full period, while she carried me and was given the DES shot the entire time. Twins were suspected. When I wrote her doctor about it after several miscarriages of my own, he was very uncooperative and defensive, offering no help what so ever to my medical team.
  13. petsrme

petsrme Member

bumping for person who asked about DES.
  14. Deev

Deev Member

I am a DES daughter and it is highly likely that I have MS.....will know in a few weeks, after more testing.

I was wondering how many DES daughters have Prolapsed Pelvic Organs?
  15. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman Member

Hi Petsrme,

Excellent reporting. Thank you for sharing with the healthboard this very critical data on DES impact on women and children. All women on this board need to investigate this to measure its impact on their health and childrens health.

For all such women and children exposed to this dangerous "medicine", sorry i mean profitable drug, it is very important for them to undertake a permanent diet program that includes strong anti-cancerous foods and plant nutrients to minimize the possibility of cancer. There are many books on Amazon.com on the subject of Natural Cancer Prevention and Natural Cancer Treatment.

I have my own natural cancer elimination program as a PDF document its called:
    Natural Cancer Cell Elimination by Safe Plant-Extract Chemotherapy
    I don't think the moderator wants off subject material to be posted.

Abdulrahman