didn't get disability approval

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulared, Aug 22, 2005.

1. paulared

paulared New Member

I'm depressed. Was so hopeful.

They want me to seek psychiatric help for 6 months.

My insurance is drained in that health care domain from the so-called "help" I've already received.

So disappointed, all the other doctors were in favor,

but the psychiatrist wants me to do more.

I believe that these psych professionals mean well,

but don't truly understand that this CANNOT be FIXED.

I've tried for almost 2 decades.

Managed, but not cured. I can no longer manage to teach.

Wish I could remember a quote I saw recently that went something like this:

Money is like the 6th sense, without which, the other five don't function as well.

I don't have the quote just right, but the gist is there.

The bottom line is money. I need it and I don't have it and that's that.
    Aren't we all seeking relief? Financial relief that enables the pursuit of personal well-being?

Not sure what I'm going to do now.

paulared
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I know its hard.My approval or diapproval will come in the next month and though I hope, I realize it will probably not be an approval.It still is so hard.Keep us posted.Linda
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

please did you file for ssdi or ssi? do so if you have not. i thought that maybe you have only applied for temporary disability through your work insurance.

hang in there and call churches for helpw/rent and your local charities. hopefully that iwll help you through.

and of course federal aid if you need too.

i had to a few years ago i had to swallow my pride i had no other choice, no child support. and that was still not enough to cover the rent. my rent in california is $1,245 a month for a two bedroom apt. and i have a son who is now 15 years old. so he couldn't go to work to help out if he wanted to.

well good luck and keeping fighting for your rights. i now how depressing it is especially when your already dealing with depression and pain.

hugs,

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

please did you file for ssdi or ssi? do so if you have not. i thought that maybe you have only applied for temporary disability through your work insurance.

hang in there and call churches for helpw/rent and your local charities. hopefully that iwll help you through.

and of course federal aid if you need too.

i had to a few years ago i had to swallow my pride i had no other choice, no child support. and that was still not enough to cover the rent. my rent in california is $1,245 a month for a two bedroom apt. and i have a son who is now 15 years old. so he couldn't go to work to help out if he wanted to.

well good luck and keeping fighting for your rights. i now how depressing it is especially when your already dealing with depression and pain.

hugs,

jodie
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

tanf gave me 548 dollars a month to pay bills. i had to go to charities to make it to survivie as long as i could and get groceries from pantries. id did it, but still struggling. and worried that my ssdi back pay will be running out soon.

i had a closed case that ened 7/04, well judge felt that my depression was do to the divorce well whatever, i've been dealing with it for many years before it.

good luck

jodie
  6. Sunrise2780

Sunrise2780 New Member

"Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five."

Is this it?
    Sunrise
  7. susabar

susabar New Member

keep plugging away... you will get it! Yes you will and when you do you'll look back and see that it was all worth your effort and tears.
    God Bless
  8. paulared

paulared New Member

I'm calmer now and have some ideas.

Thank you!

It is so nice to be heard and understood.
  9. irishred

irishred New Member

Paulared, I know exactly what you are talking about. My husband lost his job two years ago and things have been so so so hard. Needless to say stress has had an impact on my fibro. Sometimes I really believe I am going out of my mind. I do not have the money to try so many things out there to see if something can help me. I recently went off zoloft because I just can't afford it anymore. The only medication I take now is transdone very cheap for sleep, and vicodan when I just can't take the pain anymore. Especially now for my legs. I try to walk every day even if it is just around the block. A month ago I was walking 3 miles a day and was feeling better but them bam extreme pain in my legs and one knee. Ever since then it just about kills me especially at night. I am going to see a neuro. who specializes in pain in October. I try to pray every day. And being Catholic try to remember to offer my pain up to God with the sufferings of Christ for different intentions. One intention is everyone here and in my support group. I shall keep you in my prayers. If you are sick no doubt you need money. Tests are very expensive even with health insurance. My insurance doesn't pay for everything and we don't have much money. There are some people who choose between food and rx. God bless all
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]
  10. over50

over50 New Member

I know you need to time to cry,its just not fair. And it isnt,but,you have to hang in there.
    Have you seen psychs in the past 2 yrs?
    Do any of you drs believe that you have depression?
    I had a similar situation,and begged them to let me make payments.And I charged on my credit card( I had no choice)we later had to file for bankruptcy.
    In some states you can find financial help.
    I just feel like YOU CAN DO THIS ! This is prayer night,so get ready for a miracle.
    Get your pen and notebook,and start calling.And of course,the Internet.
    We are all on your side.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Love,Linda
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tonight is Prayer Nite and I'll remember you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  12. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Hang in there, I should recieve my letter any day. All I can do is hope. Don't give up, and keep fighting. Praying for you today. God bless, Julie