Didn't make it Thursday/Please pray.........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by BabsFl, Jun 13, 2003.

1. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

I missed prayer time last night. I was so looking forward to it. My dad is almost ready to go home to the lord. My mom called me last night to come over he was not good, we didn't think he was going to make it through the night.
    I stayed the night and just made it back home, this is such a stressful time. My mom has found out in the last two weeks that she also has lung cancer and thyroid cancer and they are going to scan the rest of her body to find out where else she might have it! Just can't believe this!

Please keep us in your prayers and thanks for being my "invisable" friends..

God bless you and keep you I will pray for you all
    Barb
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying that the Lord gives you the stength to accept all that you are going throught, I have been there and know from experience how it feels to lose parents.

God bless you, and keep you..............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

for you and your family, Barb. I, too, have lost my dad, and it is still very hard to take. But, I know where my strength comes from and HE is so very good to me... more than I deserve!

Hugs, Grannyofalot
  4. selma

selma New Member

You are in my prayers. The Lord knows how stressful your life is. His love is always there for you and your family. I'll be praying that He will show you a miracle. Loosing a parent is so very hard.
    I recall that I went to the hospital to see my dad and they said there was no one by that name there, but there was a Mrs.... in the hospital. It turned out that my Dad was gone and my Mom had a second heart attack. She lived for about two years after that and died suddenly. It is never a good time for such a great loss.
    Please take comfort in the Lord. Take good care of you,
    I mean Good Care. I'll be praying for your family.
    Soft Huggs, Selma
  5. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

believing God for His peace that passes all understanding, to be with you whatever you face in the future.
    Keep trusting Him friend, He will be with you every step of the way! I hear your heart and my heart weeps with you. ... God has heard your prayers and He has seen your tears.

Much love and hugs!
  6. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Thank You for all of your prayers they are greatly appreciated. I know the lord is hearing them all.

This is such a hard time and so much is expected of me right now and it is hard to meet all the demands but whatever I can do for them I will.

Thanks again and by the way..I live in northeast florida also...about 30min west of Gainesville..let me know where your at.....

Hugs and God Bless,
    Barb
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi Barb, I'm praying for your dad that he not suffer; for your mom that something can be done for her; & especially for you as you go through this difficult time.

I've not had to go through losing a parent yet so I can't say I know how you feel - I can only imagine.

When I'm going through a rough time I like to remember one of my favorite sayings: The Good Lord will never give you more than you can bear. Sometimes you think you can't bear it, but with our Father's help, you will get through whatever you are facing.

Please remember to be especially good to yourself & take care of you as you care for your parents. You need some extra pampering right now.

My thoughts are with you and your family.........Kathi