Didnt really think I was going to learn anything new here but WOW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisa_isnt_home, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lisa_isnt_home

lisa_isnt_home New Member

Hi this is my first visit here, I am so thankful I came lots of what you guys talk about is me some i already knew and some things wrong with me i figured were part of being sick syndrome that they werent actually real. but i have read here today that all of these problems are not inclusive to just me, and believe me it does lift the burden some to know, the adage misery loves company i guess in my case is true for if you dont have this condition then there is no one out there who will understand has been my case they may sympathize but they have no concept and you cannot sit there and try to explain it their eyes glaze over so stopped along time ago trying they say you need to explain but when i do it, it sounds like complaining so i dont, so to hear these things and to know others are experiencing them such as the phone ringing etc. helps.... um thanks guess thats it
    lisa
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Hi Lisa, (love your user name!!)

I've been coming here about 2 months and my head is still spinning! I'm 58, had FM all my life and thought nothing could be done. Now I'm already trying several different things I've learned about and still looking into other stuff (haven't started education on enzymes yet).

And the best part, yes, is finding out how many other people experience these weird symptoms that I didn't understand but never would have connected with the FM, such as the personality change I've gone through in just the last year. It means so much to know that.

Stick around, you'll be amazed!

JoAnn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Lisa, welcome to our world! You sound like I did when I first came here over two years ago. I had no idea all those crazy feelings I got was all part of the FM, and some was not.

We have so many people here that have such good information, great ways to help themselves, and are more than willing to share with others.

Trying to explain FM/CFS to normal people is nothing short of impossible. They simply can't understand.

It makes some of us anti-social, or so the world thinks we are.

Glad you found us, and hope we hear from you often. I know you are going to learn some great copeing skills, and some serious good advice too.

Again, welcome......................

Shalom, Shirl

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This place is truly amazing due to our wonderful members.

The biggest myth is that there is nothing which can be done to help us heal. There is so much that it can literally take years to try new things and find what works for you. There are many here who have gotten better.

Love, Mikie