Didn't sleep very good last night.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 7, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

For some strange reason I just could not fall alseep last night. I tried every thing I could think of but nohthing really helped me to fall alseep.

I don't know what my problem was last night but I didn't not go to sleep till after 4 am and I could not sleep past 7 am.

I have been having leg aches adn wrist pain for some time and last night they both were bothering me so that may account for my lack of sleep. But then so could trying to understand the big words on the x-ray report.
    I don't know why this happens but it does even when I am not stressing.

I am so tried of all the waiting it takes to qualify for disablitiy. I applied over a year ago and I am still waiting for it to go before the medical review board for them to say yeh or nay. I Know that it does take time but I wonder why it is taking so long.

I have lived with pain most of my life now and you would think that I would be used to it but I am not. I have been pushing my self alot to help my mom as she has not been feeling good enough to drive.

So I have been driving her to work and back and still doing all the things I need to do and now I am paying for it. I haev been fairly lucky when it came to having flares, I have not had many bad ones but I am pretty sure that this is the beginnings of a HUGE flare and I need to just quit stressing over things I can't change and do what I can do and not push my self as much.

Mom can drive her self now so said her eye doctor and her PCP. But they have not seen her driveing. But I am not going to be the one to tell her that she can't drive as she would bite my head off.
    See I am just rambleing on about nothing so I am going to go and lay down for a while to see if i can rest adn sl eep . I need to clean up my kitchen table adn under it as well and i am not looking for ward to doing this job.

So I will just quit rambleing on about nothing important and just go lay down.
    Sorry about the rambleings of a exhusted lady.
    Rosemarie
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I can certainly feel your pain. I had that agonizing pain on Monday which was my birthday. I maxxed out on my meds for the night & My RLS was out of control!! Nothing I could do would calm it down. I hardly slept at all. All I kept thinking was why today? Birthday's are supposed to be fun & happy times & instead I suffer in pain most of the day & all of the night. I than had to wake up by 7 am to go to work. By the way I am in Chicago & it was in the negative temps with windchill. So, I am sorry. I do feel for you.

As for your mother. I am sorry. I don't know how old she is or how independent. Can't she take one of those Sr. buses to certain activities. Like I know some hospitals have shuttles and the park district can assist with grocery shopping type of thing rides... Just a thought.

I hope you feel better. Now I just vented. sorry...

your friend,
    fun ;)
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Rosemarie:

I certainly feel for you. I was diagnosed as having insomnia.

So the doctor had to give me a little something to help me.

We had to try a combination of things, but finally settled on Restoril.

Try not to get too rattled by this. I know you must have tried things in the past.

Another hint (mabye check with doc first): 50mg. of Benadryl.

Feel better soon!

nyrofan
  4. bunnababy

bunnababy New Member

I didn't want to fall asleep last night either. Went to sleep but could not stay asleep so at midnight I took a sleeping pill and that did the trick. Makes it harder to get up at 8:00 a.m. but better than no sleep.

Sorry you are having it so rought lately.

And, yes birthdays are supposed to be fun. All this pain sucks.