Dieing and going heaven

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by golden, Aug 12, 2003.

1. golden

golden New Member

When things goes wrong with my body, like trouble breathing, depression, anxiety, and all the things that anxiety and depression can cause. I think about dieing and being with God. But if I really think I am going to die, then I really get scared and want to live. I have been trying to get close to God over the last year and will continue until I am dead. I am 56 years old now. My goal is to have enough faith as to when my time comes; I can smile and know I will be with God in heaven. This is a hard road to travel, but I am not going to take any forks that might be on this main road. I welcome any thought on this?

Golden
  2. swellabella

swellabella New Member

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Becoming closer to God, it takes time. Finding the right church too is the best.

Been to a few churches and never felt like "home". About a year ago, I was invited to this church, and soon as I stepped inside the doors, I felt this prescence. I call it now the feeling of Love. It felt like I had come home. I hope you find that too one day.

I actually worked as a preschool teacher in a Presbyterian Church, its the Church I went to growing up. My parents were not Christians in any way either. If I was to get any sort of religion it was up to me to go seek it. While teaching, and going to the Presby. Church.. I wasn't Christian yet. I didn't believe. I wasn't saved. It didn't feel like home to me.

I feel like that too, when feeling really bad, sick, tired, depressed.. lost hope, lost faith. Miserable I guess you can call it?

I understand.

:)