Diet and what has made you feel better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tut90, Jan 11, 2009.

1. tut90

tut90 Member

I would like to know from people that have Fibromyalgia, what foods you have eliminated from your diet, and you have noticed an improvement in your lives. I already know of some foods that I'm allergic to, like soy and tomatoes.

Thank you for your advice.

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

when I stop sugar completely, low dairy and low wheat products I feel a whole lot better but it is such a restrictive diet I can never stay on it for long./

3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The foods that I have eliminated that definitely helped decrease my pain and stiffness are sugar cane, and corn syrup/high fructose corn syrup.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

here about her diet. SHe put herself into full remission with diet. Her username is MATN. You can search her username and read some of her posts. I'm attaching one of them:

Almost Cured After 25 Years of CFS, FM & MCS

I have made changes to my diet and have almost completely recovered from the symptoms associated with CFS, FM & MCS. Please view my profile for some of the highlights or do a search on Google for Modern Calamity. I have found that the substances that we consume today are making us ill. I have put together a 57 page workbook on my experience and what I did to recover. It is too lengthy to include here, but the Google search for Modern Calamity should provide more details. No gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, processed foods, physicians, medications, artificial ingredients, processed salt are needed to recover. Unadulterated, wholesome foods and unprocessed mineral water are crucial to recovery. My health has finally returned after many years of suffering and I hope what worked for me may help others.

5. deblin

deblin New Member

All my symptoms mimicked cfids and fibromyalgia for a long time. It seems as if I AM CURED?? i FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS WHEAT SO i ELIMINATED THAT. i know now for sure that it is dairy.. IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS NOW AND MY POST EXERTION MALAISE IS COMPLETELY GONE. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO clean my house AND NOW I'M ABLE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE WITHOUT THE FATIGUE AND EXERCISE as well. All my other symptoms seem like they're improving as well. I am very grateful I have found what has been making me sick for a very long time. Not being able to do anything without fatigue was the most depressing thing.
    I just don't understand how dairy products can have such a debilitating effect on one's body.
    It's very hard for me to not do any dairy because it has always been my favorite but it's worth it to not be so sick! I would suggest Anyone if you suspect food allergies as your cause for illness to eliminate top allergens from your diet.
    My diet now consists of vegetable juices, vegetables, raw nuts and seeds, fruits, some grains, beans, (little fish, chicken and turkey).
  6. tut90

tut90 Member

Besides soy and tomatoes I know I'm allergic to dairy and wheat, I will have to do my best to eliminate them from my diet.

Ulala thank you, I will google Modern Calamity to get more details.

Have a blessed day,

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2009]
  7. tut90

tut90 Member

I tried searching in google and also on this site for Modern Calamity, nothing comes up. If you are able, could you please give me the link.

Thank you,
  8. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

Just to add to this - Today I rcvd a package from a friends mothers of mine, who knows that I am suffering from this DD. The package contained a Newletter regarding Hallelujah Acres Diet.

This is a site that we should all take the time to go to.

Best of luck to you!