Diet Change?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Has anyone found any relief from the fatigue by changing their diet?

I am allergic to all sorts of food, wheat, milk, chicken, meat, celery, onions, oats....so it is really really hard for me to come up with so sort of diet!!!! I think one of the things that I am sure I am not allergic to is bananas!!

Like to hear stories about success with diet change
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Empower:
    I eat nothing but fish and vegetable at night. I shop at Whole Foods and the seafood is marvelous.

I have maintained my weight and even have dropped about ten pounds: no more, no less.

And I do enjoy the dinners. There are so many recipes on the net that I do not even need cookbooks anymore.
    My favorite way to find a recipe is to Google the exact name of what I want, push 'I Feel Lucky' and it will bring me to exactly what I will eat that week.

That is my only change. Oh, and cereal for breakfast and a Wolfgang Puck soup for lunch.

NyroFan
  3. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

In 2000, my GI doctor and allergist concluded I had sort of an allergy to wheat and food with significant mold content.

I found that when I cut out wheat I have fewer days where I feel as if I am coming down with something.
  4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Like your name. I am allergic to all kinds of foods too. So, I'm on the celiac + vegan + food allergy diet.

So far, I have noticed my energy level being more consistent througout the day if I watch what I eat and Limit my carbs and sugars. I eat smaller meals too every 2 or 3 hours.

I'm not sure if they are helping yet, but I am trying to eat sprouts more often. They are loaded with nutrients and give me some variety.

My meals pretty much consist of whatever I find in the fridge and want to put together. I had spagetti squash, with mung bean sprouts, parsley and EVOO for lunch. Sounds weird I know, but I liked it.

Baked potatoes with EVOO are really good too.

Hope this helps ... marcia