Diet/Digestive System/Sleep/Pain/Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KingNeptune11, Dec 14, 2005.

1. KingNeptune11

KingNeptune11 New Member

This is a follow up post to my Raw Diet post earlier today.......I wanted to describe to everyone the benefits I have received by eating a raw diet......I am now in my 8th month and it is the easiest thing I have ever done, once you get through the 1st month......I dont crave any sugar, starches, meat, coffee, or anything that I used to live on.....And I promise, at 320 pounds, my diet was probably in the bottom 10th percentile of this board.......I was a food junkee and had an insatiable appetite.......

First of all, anyone who has Fibromyalgia or CFS has a very bad digestion system, whether you have symptoms or not......The most important factor in the Connective Tissue Disorders is the lack of nutrient absorption, whether this is from a lack of breaking down the food properly, related to enzymes or the lack of absorption, related to cellular damage and/or viral-mycoplasm problems........Moreover, the lack of proper digestion causes a slowing of gastric and intestinal motility, which causes constipation.......On top of this, constipation causes "toxins" to be released into the blood-stream, which causes muscle pain, headaches, inability to sleep, fatigue and many other crazy symptoms.......

I suffered from constant headaches, stomach pain, muscle pain, bloating, constipation, nausea, anxiety, depression, vertigo, and sleeping problems, for the past 10 years......After starting my "raw diet" on May 1st, I was symptom free within 1-2 months, and I am not kidding......It was the most eye-opening experience of my life and I have 9 years of college education under my belt.......I no longer have to take anti-depressants, pain pills, sleeping pills or use my CPAP machine either.........I am back to work part-time and I never have any pain at all.......I can fall asleep on my own, for the first time in about 10 years and I stay asleep.........it is truly unbelievable........I highly recommend everyone to research into the raw food movement, you can stop your pain, headaches and sleep problems in a matter of a few months........I am living proof of this......

Let me just say.......I never thought I could do this......ever.......I lived on pop, coffee, meat, and all snacks available my whole life.......I considered this a very radical change, but after trying it for 1 month, I realized that I was killing myself with my eating........Another great thing about the diet, once you "normalize" your digestion and blood sugar, you will NOT crave any of the horrible things that most Americans live on........I decided that there are only 2 things that I can control, first is my attitude towards my illness, and secondly, what I put in my mouth.........I know its hard to take all of this in, but I promise if you give it a try, it will change your life........It is truly a miracle......Now everyone comes to me for advice about my "Jesus diet", which is what my friends call it.........It has saved my life......I hope some of you will consider this.......
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've read both your posts. You keep on the raw food bandwagon, you are definately an inspiration. i have a juicer I rarely use, but when i use it for even 3 or 4 days, I feel a major difference, in energy and pain. I actually had my health food store juice me a glass while there today and I LOVE IT.

A couple other ways that raw food may benefit us is:

1. For a variety of reasons, we are unable to produce enzymes, both digestive and systemic enzymes. When not enough digestive enzymes are present, systemic enzymes have to do the digestive work, but this takes from other IMPORTANT work our systemic enzymes were meant to do. Eating raw, provides instant digestive enzymes, thereby preserving our systemic enzymes.

2. I once spoke by phone with a Chemist, David W. Gregg, Ph.D. He told me that RNA can actually be transferred to us from raw foods !

He has an AMAZING website at KRYSALIS dot org. Lots of good information. A single page packed with info on FMS and CFIDS. He also addresses Autism, Crohns Disease, Anthrax Cures, Anemia, lot of good stuff. Kingneptune, I would be interested in your take on his theories. He states that we ultimately suffer from anaerobic cellular respiration. I absolutely agree.

Anyway, thanks for the kick I really needed to get on a raw food progression and dust off my juicer.

elliespad
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Could you show me what maybe a typical days menu, might be like!
    TIA, Karen
  4. KingNeptune11

KingNeptune11 New Member

Thanks for the "heads-up" on David Gregg and that website, I love to research into stuff.......Also, I have enjoyed your posts that I have read over the past month, you are a wealth of information.......keep up the good work......I will check out that website and get back to you.......I have my undergraduate degree in chemistry, but David Gregg sounds more experienced in that field than myself......I have read many articles and books on raw foods and fasting, they claim that both can "reset" your DNA code......which is powerful stuff......

I highly recommend juicing......I could not have had the results without my juicer......I have a "Green Star", which is a slow grinding juicer, which prevents the juice from getting heated and thus preserves the enzymes and nutrients......Many juicers on the market overheat the juice in the process of breaking it down, destroying important enzymes..........Dont give up on your juicer, I use mine each day........Talk to you soon.......John
  5. KingNeptune11

KingNeptune11 New Member

When I first started my raw food diet, I ate much more than I eat now.......The interesting thing is that the longer you are on the diet, the simpler you want to eat, both in quantity and quality........I basically build my "meal-time" around salads, although now I only eat 1 large one a day......In the beginning, I would eat 2 or 3 medium size ones a day......with all the veggies you could imagine on top.......and home-made dressing of olive oil, lemon, herbs and mashed avocado......

I dont really eat "meals" anymore......instead, I eat small amounts of food, every 3-4 hours.......I guess a typical day would start out with a fruit, like melon or apples or bananas, then maybe some raw nuts for protein mid-morning........Then I tend to eat an avocado or 2 in the afternoon, with a protein snack, like flax seed (de-hydrated) or more raw nuts.......I eat an early dinner, which I usually have my big salad.....and then more fruit at night, and nuts again........Many times for lunch, I have a protein shake, with undenatured whey protein, with flax seed oil and frozen bananas........I also supplement my meals with 8-10oz of juice 2-4 times a day.......I feel like I eat more now than I have ever eaten before, but its just raw, uncooked food......much more nutritious and I never get tired after a meal.....which is a miracle for me.......

The funny thing is that once you are on this diet for a month, you never really get the "cravings" for bad food.....I think the reason is because your blood sugar gets normalized and you eliminate all of the MSG and food additives from your system, which causes cravings.......The raw food movement is really catching on, especially on the east and west coast and the larger cities, like Atlanta and Chicago.......If you go to Shazzie's website or Alissa Cohen's, they have so many great recipes......I am a "plain-jane" type of person, and I have evolved into eating 1 food at a time, except for my salads........and shakes....

Let me know what you think........John