diet drug for fibro??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kasilou, Sep 11, 2006.

1. kasilou

kasilou New Member

Hi,

Did anyone hear that some drs are prescribing a diet pill and it is helping fibro. My sister-in law's dr mentioned that since I have fibro but she doesn't remember the name. Has anyone heard this?

Hope all of you remembered 9/11 and said a prayer.

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i personally didn't say a pray...but i will..i try to forget about things like that in the past.....

jodie
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

IS that what you are talking about??

It is actually and anti-seizure or an anti-convulsant...cant remember!!

One of the side effects is decreased appetite...well it gets so decreased that you lose weight. I did. It worked great on me. But it is not a diet pill.

4. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

When you said a diet pill for Fibro,,,I immediately thought of Topamax also. I have heard talk that they may market it as a "diet pill" because it does make you lose weight .

As the other poster said,,,it is a anti-seizure med. It was presribed for me for my Peripheral Neuropathy and also for Migraines.

I lost 50 pounds while taking it,,,but it made the fibro fog absolutely AWFUL!!! I would try to talk to people and I couldn't even put a sentence together!

So needless to say,,,I had my doc take me off of it.

Brenna
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i was on that and taken off from it...i swelled up like i did when i had pre-eclampsia

allergic they said get off from it..

jodie