Diet Program

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeronsmom, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Anyone been on are still on the South beach diet?
    what do you think of it? what are yuor results? Is it a hard plan to follow? I have got to lose 20 lbs by April 1st
    for when I go away for a nice and well deserved vacation.

Love to all, Ann

also has this helped your CFS or Fibro in anyway?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have done the SB diet, Atkins, etc., etc., LOL

SB is a good diet. With both of the above you are not supposed to have fruit for the first two weeks. Did not like than part!

I have started with the 'No Flour/ No Sugar' way of eating. My sweet cravings were horrid the first 5 - 7 days. But, I could always have fruit, which helped.

It encourages you to use dairy products. Milk, cheese, eggs, As with anything, don't go extremely wild! LOL I have found myself not being hungry all of the time.

I know I will jinx myself, next time I weigh, but in less than two weeks I have lost seven pounds. I'm sure much of it was water, however I can see the difference and feel it in my clothes.

I've been slowing down a bit, but I will be happy with a one to two pound, a week loss! I have 40 to lose.

I can eat meat, all veggies, all fruits, potatoes, etc. Just no flour or sugar. Sugar is insidious. Look at all boxes. Corn syrup, honey, etc. If I eat a frozen Lean Cuisine, I make sure it has a low sugar content.

This is a very satisfying way of eating for me. Of course, I have 'cheated' just a tad, a long the way! LOL

Maybe this would work for you, too!

Good luck!

PS. It has helped my 'bloating' and stomach issues. It's hard to tell about things, due to a lumbar injection which I did not react well to.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2007]
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I just ordered the SB book and see how things go from there,
    I have a problem with dairy products (lactose) so I really need to watch what I eat, I am just feeling REALLY bloated and have a very sore stomach..been like this for a few days nows.

Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Love to all, Ann
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Hi Kim,

I haven't used the South Beach Diet but one of the girls I work with used it to lose weight for a cruise she was going on with her husband. It worked very well for her, she looked very good and lost a great deal of weight in a short amount of time and she spoke well of the diet.

Good Luck and have a great time on your vacation!
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

There is a supplement book that goes with the SB diet. It is very small and paperback. It updates foods you can use for all levels. You may want to check it out.

I cannot tolerate dairy. It is very rare for me to have it. I have noticed a huge amount of difference in the bloating I've had. It is such a pain, along with looking like I'm over 9 months pregnant! LOL

Good luck! I'm happy you have a chance to get a well deserved, vacation! Where are you going?

6. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried this system..I am about one click away on my computer ordering it for me and my husband. I am just not doing well under my watching eye, that blinks almost all the time!

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Other than Jenny Craig, I think I've done about every diet known to womankind!

You do lose weight on Nutrisystem if you stick with it. If I followed it, I was not hungry. Two problems for me. I got a little tired of the diet and more importantly, had problems with all of the soy that is used. It upset my digestive system, which I have problems with anyway.

Most of their food was pretty good. You just need to learn which ones you like the best. There is a good message board and the members are very encouraging. If you choose, pick your own food plan.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Many people lose a lot of weight!

Hope this helps!