Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elbryan, May 26, 2003.

1. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I'm sure that this has been talked about a million times but it never hurts to go over things that help...

What is a good diet for someone with FMS and overweight to go on? There are so many out there for weight loss but we have to be careful so that we dont leave out items that are good for us.

Thanks for the information in advance.
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Atkins. I lost 45 pounds a year ago and have gone 5 up , 5 down for a year.
    Contrary to popular opinion you do not have to eat a ton of grease and fat. You also can have veggies and fruit.
    You can do a search on google and find his site. I believe it is atkinscenter.com Not sure.
    My cholestoral was 142 and went down to 129. It gets boring if you are like me and don't cook , but at least I was not hungry.
    I do believe different things work better for different people but this worked for me.

I still have some weight to lose and as soon as I get to feeling a little stronger I am going to try to lose 30 more.
    My best to you.
    PS....I do take a muti vitamin every day
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie and many others here did well on Suzanne Somer's diet.

My husband lost 40 pounds on it in about 8 weeks, and he was never hungry. He quit the diet, but has not gained back the weight.

If you put diet in the; 'Search Messages' at the top of this page, there is tons of information on all of them!

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]