Dietart supplements? Vitamens? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shannonrn, Mar 17, 2003.

1. shannonrn

shannonrn New Member

I'm currently having a bad problem with fatigue through the day. My neurologist wanted to prescribe me Ritalin or Provigil which is a stimulant and I'm hesitant to take them because I don't want my body to get hooked. Has anyone had any luck taking natural supplements or vitamens that helped fatigue? Also, has anyone had any luck with supplements that help burning pain or when your skin is sensitive from your clothes rubbing you? Please don't say neurotin or trileptal b/c I can't take them during the day b/c of the fatigue. I have to be alert to take care of my 9 month old. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Research vitamin B12 Injections. I do them at home and B12 helps immensely with fatigue as well as neural symptoms, which I believe are the cause of burning pain, sensitivites, etc. One reason the B12 injections have worked well for me when B12 oral did not, was because I was not aborbing the B12(oral) due to IBS and leaky gut syndrome.
    Best wishes, LL
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Dear Shannonrn, Have you tried OLE? It has increased my energy level, decreased sinus symptoms and improved my neurological problems..There are articles on this site, explaining its effectiveness across a wide panorama of pathogens..See "Olive Leaf Extract energizes CFIDS patients" and it is considered a very safe supplement..it is in Cheney's treatment protocol...You need energy, I am sure, to keep up with a 9 month old...Good Health, AMELIA
  4. teawah

teawah New Member

I have found for myself that good sleep is the most important ingredient for more energy. I take ZMA every night and I have found that I have better evergy during the day, do NOT wake up feeling groggy and if the need arises as it usually does with babies, I can get up at night with no problem. The last thing is that I am in less pain. I hope you find the answer you are looking for.
    Keep on keepin' on
    teawah