Difference Between Lyrica & Neurontin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdjaj2231, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Well I went back to my dr. today. I had gained weight, retained a ton of water weight, and had sexual probs. on lyrica. It did help with the pain, though.

He wants me to try gabapentin (neurontin). I will do it, but is there really any diffe. between the two? I'm starting to feel a level of frustration in both my dr. and myself. I guess that is just b/c of the long list of problems. Trial and error over and over.

He told me my insurance refused to pay for a procedure called manipulation under anesthesia. I'm really bummed, but he said we can take it further, proving that I've been compliant and nothing is working. I'm thinking if they deny even after that, I'll get a petition going.

Back to my question, please let me know if there is a differnce between the 2.

Thanks so much.

XXXOOO
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2007]
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I wanted to know also.I was taking lyrica and he switched to neurontin.I still haven't been able to figure out if I like the neurontin yet.I really felt the lyrica working. Ruthie
  3. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi Ruthie, Did your dr. tell you why you were getting switched? How long have you been on the neurontin?

Hi Molly, I was also confused. He said let's get off the lyrica and try this. I asked if it might work better or something to that effect and he said it might.

Jam, Hi. I haven't had the procedure yet, due to the insurance's refusal. You can google it. It looks really promising; they can work on adhesions and muscle spasms since you're a little "out of it."

Well, I'm not too optimistic about the neurontin, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  4. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi - I've been "working" with healing myself with different methods and boom. Just happen to be at manipulation under anesthesia. The clinic told me often insurance WILL pay for it. A chiropractor does it with an aneshesiologist present, sometimes one or two other health care providers will stretch and pull you similar to traction. I'm going slowly, as I usually do, but plan to have the consultation, at least. I know this is an old message, but I just read it. Thanks, Bonnie
  5. soffy

soffy New Member

Hello my name is Soffyy. and I am on Neurontin for more than 3 years now, and I am retaining so much water weight, everyone that looks at me add a comment that finally I look better because I gained so much pounds before I got sick I used to weight only 110 AND now I am 149 for me is too much sometimes my feets looks swelling so much and my handsand face too, and Neurontin keeps me on craving so much for sugar stuff, but i try to control everytime, so my prim. doc is going to put me on the pills for getting out my water excess. good luck to you. atte. soffyy.
  6. soffy

soffy New Member

Hello my name is Soffyy. and I am on Neurontin for more than 3 years now, and I am retaining so much water weight, everyone that looks at me add a comment that finally I look better because I gained so much pounds before I got sick I used to weight only 110 AND now I am 149 for me is too much sometimes my feets looks swelling so much and my handsand face too, and Neurontin keeps me on craving so much for sugar stuff, but i try to control everytime, so my prim. doc is going to put me on the pills for getting out my water excess. good luck to you. atte. soffyy.