Difficult swallowing/painful swallowing anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Occasionally I have what feels like a muscle spasm in my throat when I eat and it really hurts and lasts a couple minutes. It is scarey, and lord knows what this is now! I have had it before, but it is getting to be more often now. Anyone else have this?
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

Yes, I get muscle spasms in my throat; very painful!

Sometimes they are in response to some new medication. Sometimes they seem to come for no reason that I can see.

I have had a thorough check-up and "nothing" seems to be wrong. But still they come.

S.
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

You may have the beginning of an irritated esophagus from acid reflux washing up into your esophagus when you sleep. It can also go into your eustachian tubes.
    It may be swollen. Take small bites, chew thoroughly and drink alot of water with your meal - a whole glass. You should mention this to your doctor.
  4. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I certainly have trouble sometimes no pain just find it hard to swallow even water
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But I have FM pain in my throat at times..and I can barely swallow.Luckily it doesn't last for too long..but I will seem to have it, like most pains I get..for several days in a row..and then it disappears for awhile. SOMETIMES it helps to stroke my throat downward to relax the muscles.