Difficulty on concrete

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karbo, Dec 5, 2002.

1. karbo

karbo New Member

Does anyone have pain in feet, legs and back when walking on concrete surfaces? If so what can be done about it?
  2. karbo

karbo New Member

Does anyone have pain in feet, legs and back when walking on concrete surfaces? If so what can be done about it?
  3. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

yes i also have problems with this also . hopfully someone will come on to tell you what to do . all i can think of right now is just a good pair of shoes.sorry to be not much help but welcome to hear it is a great place to be
  4. karbo

karbo New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I think trying a new pair of shoes with a thicker sole may help. Right now tennis shoes are not working. Does anyone know why this might happen?
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Karbo, welcome to the group. Yes, I have trouble walking on concrete. I use an additional padding in my shoes if I am going to stores that have large areas of concrete.

I also found that wearing a shoe with at least a 2" to 1 1/2" heel helps too. I don't know why, but my back hurts if I wear a flat shoe. I am much better with a heel.

When I exercise, I walk around my own grounds, on the grass, can't handle walking on concrete, not even a blacktop street either.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2002]
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

shopping or walking on most hard surfaces cause me excruciating back, buttock pain and I am a die-hard heavy-stepper! I need to learn to walk more lightly and to wear better shoes. I tell you what, I used to pay well over $100.00 per pair of Birkenstock sandles, which I wore each and everyday. Not only have my heels cracked and bled since starting to wear them several years ago, my back and legs have hurt MUCH more! No more! Thick soled lace-up walking shoes work best for me now, but hard surfaces and high-impact still is a big problem for me.
    My floors at home are hardwood and OLD and creaky, so they give with every step....at least I'm OK here!
    Love,
    Kady
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

are always culprits for more pain. i found that putting in some of the gel type insoles in your shoes help. i only wear very comfortable walking shoes, or clogs with the rubber heels.

shopping malls seem to be tile, so that is another reason my "mall" days are over. i cringe when i see all these new homes going up with the new fad of the "concrete" floors, yaks. hope they don't get fibo.

warm regards, fibolady