Diflucan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frecker777, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have been a lurker on this board off and on for many years. Brief intro: 23, female, college student (online), CFS for 5 yrs, very limited activity.

Anyway, started going to the FFC of Philadelphia about 2 months ago and just started on Diflucan. I see old posts where others have talked about this med--anyone else taking it now? If so, positive/negative effects? I have severe sensitivities to foods, drugs, etc., so I figure candida could be a problem after all. And finally, how reliable do yall think the candida antibody tests are? Thanks for any input!
    Best,
    Carrie
  2. Grailgoddess

Grailgoddess New Member

I am a BIG fan of Diflucan - when nothing else can get me ahead of the Yeastie Beasties, Diflucan does. BUT, I find I can't expect it to do all the work. I HAVE to keep the diet right & the probiotics up from that point onward - or it's back to square 1 eventually. I have just been convinced that a colon cleanse is essential if Yeastie Beasties have been around for some time - and w/o that, Diflucan will be less than 100% effective. It IS, for me, a good way to get the 'playing field' a little leveled, so I am not always fighting up-hill & outnumbered.

Best to you ~
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Carrie,
    I was on the generic Diflucan, it's called Flucanazole, for 3 months. I know that everyone is different in how they react, so my experience may not be the same as yours. I also go to the FFC, in Cleveland.

I have to say that I had a very difficult time on the Flucanazole. I also took Liv 52 to protect my liver, pro-biotics, and Uva Ursi which also kills yeast. I was just re-tested and am still positive for yeast. Due to a mix-up I did not get the exact lab numbers, but plan to. My liver is fine.

Well, it wasn't pretty. I was sick and miserable for the entire summer. It felt like the flu, sometimes with chills and fever, achey muscles and joints, I was very weak and debilitated, unable to perform my already reduced activities, and unable to do small walks, yoga or qigong. I called to see if I could stop the Flucanazole and try another route, but the Dr. was rather emphatic that I should stay the course.

Now, I'm supposed to restart treatment. First, I want those lab results in full. And second, I do not plan to go back on the Flucanazole for treatment, I will try a more natural approach this time.

You know what...I was more functional and optimistic during my breast cancer treatment 2 years ago!

I know that it took awhile to get systemic yeast, so it will take awhile to get over it as well. I wish you the very, very best with your treatment.

I recently posted a thread called: What natural candida treatment do you swear by? You may want to check that for ideas.

Be well, the sooner the better,
    Hopeful4
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Fercker777:
    I had the same poblem and Diflucan was just ok.
    I also drank Pau' d Arco tea. Supposedly it would help.
    Suprisingly it did.
    Hugs,
    NryoFan
  5. I am supposed to take diflucan because I have been on alot of antibiotics lately, then take another pill 4 days later. I hesitate as I get horrible bloating, and I already have severe bloating. Is that normal?

Do you all take diflucan on a regular basis or?

I always have had problems with yeast, now my sister takes antibiotics all the time and never is bothered?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2005]
  6. goldielocks

goldielocks New Member

for a long time i took diflucan i was so full of yeast i even got it in my mouth was soo painfull that was several years ago cant remember how long i tok it but was for months and it worked stopped getin yeast so much felt betterand no side effects for me.i would recomend trying it.