Diflucan?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, May 24, 2006.

1. Diflucan?
    I know there is a candida site here, but rarely anyone goes there. So I was wondering for an infection for
    those who take it, how often do you take it and for how long to get rid of an infection?
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Didn't touch the yeast, but wrecked by digestive system.
  3. dellalvn

dellalvn New Member

usually it is 150mg x 1 dose, if not any better take one more dose in 3 days. I have yeast in my mouth quite often from taking prednisone. My mouth is very sensitive and I take diflucan about every 2 to 3 months. Della
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

If you have a yeast infection forget Diflucan. the stuff is worthless.

Go to the drugstore, Wal-Mart or other similar retail store and buy AZOyeast. It is all natural. It contains boneset, mistletoe leaf and lactobacillus. Take three a day for three or four days to get rid of the infection.

I take one a day every day to prevent infections. I had chronic yeast infections for about seven years and this is the only thing that helped me.

Linda
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I take one a week - sort of to keep the yeast at bay. Seems to be working with no side effects. I also take my probiotics.
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Ask your Dr for Nystatin USP,which is a powder that you mix with water and drink once a day. (Make sure you swish, in your mouth) It is not absorbed by the body but passes though the intestinal tract and kills the Candida. While Diflucan is absorbed and makes it more dangerous for the Liver. The Nystatin USP is very cheap and you can use as often as you like. One jar last a very long time and you keep it in the refrigerator! 1/8th tsp.mixed with water once a day will get rid of Candida.It comes with a measuring spoon too.It works well for vaginal yeast also,taken by mouth the same way.Once you rid yourself of internal Candida,it is all gone ,including Vaginal Yeast infection.
    Hugs Shirley