digestive enzymes help needed please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkquartz, Apr 4, 2003.

1. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i have another post on same item but haven't got a reply yet so thought i would try a different title.

I took Lipogen by Metagest and it s been brilliant. but its now banned in E.U. for being a natural substance used for less than 20 years or some such nonsense.
    anyway what i need to find is a good alternative.
    Can anyone tell me what other natural products have helped their digestion in particular with fats, including cheese and yoghurts.
    thanks
    pinkquartz
  2. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i will do some more research but the lipogen really does seem to be a unique blend of amino acids, herbs,vits and minerals, [idon't want to sound like an advert LOL]
    its funny how some things just work. this lipogen has in it none of the three you mentioned and yet does exactly what i need.
    i have tried one of them in a different brand. its the lipase.,it doesn't do much for me.
    i will research the ones here and see if i can have a better result .perhaps i can come up with a unique combo of my own!
    cheers
    pinkquartz

3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hi Pinkquartz,

There is a WEBSITE called, VitaminMD.COM, where you can order Lipogen, manufactured by Metagenics, in the U.S.A for $41 for 270 tablets..

Do you just use this for digestion of fats?

hope it helps,
    AMELIA
  4. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

ok, MAYBE i DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ? bUT ISN'T Acidopholus the sme thing? I used what is called Colon Ease and I get it at Great Earth natural health food stores in CA> Really helps keep thing going with my intestines. Let me know, HUGS...Pam
  5. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

to jstbrznby its definately not same as acidopholus, which is a probiotic. i take these too, separately and they are absolutely vital cos they put the good bacteria back into the colon. which means the body can fight infections better and other things i can't remember tonight.

to plantscaper
    i have emailed this company and asked if they will ship over to U.K. i hope so !
    i think these lipogen tabs do more than just digest fats. my nutrionist gave them to be because i was totally unable to keep down even no fat yoghurt, and to my and her amazement i was able to eat stuff i hadn't touched in 23 years. we think this is amazing result. which is why its so importent to me. i think this product is helping to heal my bile and liver function. I do use milk thistle too.
    thanks for replying
    pinkquartz