Digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and probiotics? Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 16, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Should these things be taken apart of together. I read that digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid should both be taken to aid digestion...but don't know if they should literally be taken together... Do you take one before the other? Totally confused! When do I take my probiotics and other supplements..? I take Grapeseed Extract, a multi, mag and calcium, a super antioxidant and flaxseed oil..

Is there an order in which I should take everything..?

I'm thinking of the dig enzymes and hci cos I don't think I'm making enough stomach acid.

Someone kindly posted a test for me re sodium bicarbonate and acid...which I'm gonna try tomorrow. but if I don't have enough acid I want to know what to buy.....researching right now so any answers would be appreciated! :) I have literally felt dry and sunburned in and out this last week and think I might not have sufficient acid! :) Thanks guys! Shell
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I guess you missed this - you asked me these same questions yesterday and I responded, so check your post. Anyways, here's what I wrote yesterday:

I take a product called Digestabs from Puritan's Pride vitamins (on-line). It has both digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid combined in one tablet. I take 2 after each meal. I suppose it's better to take right before the meal, but I don't.

I've read that it's best to take probiotics and amino acids on an empty stomach so that's when I take those.

I take vitamins and minerals and most herbs with meals.

What really helped me was muscle testing done by my chiropractor. He's the one who identified my digestive problems, my weak adrenals, and several other things. I would have been lost without him. I went to regular doctors for years who were unable to do anything for me. Then I found the chiropractor who started helping me immediately.

I now do muscle testing on myself, sort of like Jaminhealth, although I do think it's best when someone else competent does it.

I used to be sick a lot with digestive problems and it made such a huge difference for me to finally find out what was going on and to know what to do about it.

Anyways, I hope this helps -- Take care --

3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let me know your regime! That really helps. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again, Shell :)
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Did you know that there's a box you can check at the bottom when you write a post, so that you will get an e-mail when there's a reply to a post you write?

That feature helps a lot to keep track of when someone responds to a post, without having to go into the website and find your post and see if there's a response.