DIGESTIVE ENZYMES--- which one do you like and why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 29, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I ordered a sample of the Omega-Zyme from Garden of Life. It's doing nice things for me, but I know their products are expensive.

So.... what do you use, what works well for you? Why do you like the product you use?

Thanks for the input,

Beth.
  2. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

Omega-Zyme is an amazing product. I've taken it before, but i couldn't afford to buy it any longer. But i did notice that it helped digestion tremendously

Honestly i just use Vitamin-Shops Papaya Enzyme's. I take about 3 or more after i eat. They are inexpensive for a large bottle and they taste really good too, so i dont have a problem taking them . Even though that didn't deter me before.
  3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

This is Australian info. so I do not know if it will help, but anyway. My doctor order a a 24 hour poo test - not a pleasant test - for me to do. On the basis of the results, he could prove that I was pancreatic enzyeme deficient. i.e., don't disgest and absorb nutrients adequately. With this result, he could write me a script for these very high quality and effective prescription only pancreatic enzymes for me to take and I get them at a VERY reduced price at the chemist, because the govt. subsides the cost because of the test results ie. about 25A$ instead of 400A$. Not a widely know test in Aust. but may be more available in US. Worth a shot????
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

But a 24 hour poo test? Does sound unpleasant... I don't know if this sort of thing is available in the states, but I could ask.

I might buy one bottle of the Omega-Zyme and see if that might be enough to correct the problem. They did send me a $5 off coupon!

Peace,
    beth.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

These work very well for me, they have enzymes and hydrochloric acid as well, and ox bile extract. They're very reasonable, I buy them from Puritan's Pride (on-line).

Mary