Digestive Problems and the Adrenal Gland

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Jan 12, 2007.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Those of you with digestive problems might be interested in some information about the adrenal gland that I found on the BioHealth Diagnostics Laboratory web site. (It’s commercial, so I can’t post it; just use a search engine.)

In the ‘News’ box on the right side of the page, click on ‘Functional Adrenal Stress Profile (BHD #201)’ near the bottom of the box.

Read the last few sentences of the last paragraph under Physiology. It says that immune dysfunction caused by adrenal dysfunction can lead to adverse food reactions.

Under Clinical Use, the sentences before and after the one in bold tell you that adrenal stress can be caused by digestive disorders. In other words, digestive problems can cause adrenal problems which can cause more digestive problems. Can we say “vicious cycle”?

The last couple of sentences of that section say that regardless of what other problems are present, including those that may have caused the adrenal dysfunction, the adrenal exhaustion must be rectified to restore normal physiology and function.

It might be a good idea for those of you with digestive problems to get your adrenal function tested.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I have read before that food allergies/intolerances and adrenal function are related. Thanks for pointing this out.

My adrenal function has improved in recent years. Upon reflection, avoidance of foods that I know to be problems for me may have contributed to that.

I recently got a blood test for food allergies done and am eager to find out the results. (It's been about 9 years since I had the last one done.)

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Hopefully it will encourage more people to think about food allergies/intolerances as potential problems. (I'm going to try to find my food allergy thread and bump it to the top of the board in the event that this is the case.)

I can't tell you how great it is that people on the board are sharing and discussing this kind of information. I'm learning things myself very fast as a result. Hopefully this means that general progress with regard to treating CFS is speeding up too.

Thanks much!