digestive problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mikeval, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mikeval

mikeval New Member

I wonder if someone out there can help me. i have had fibro for 4 years and have for 2 years suffered digestive problems such as feeling very full and uncomfortable after eating only a couple of spoonfuls of food also feeling swollen in my midriff and so uncomfortable and a feeling of "jumping" hope that this does not sound too strange but my Doctor now is of no help he justs says it is mustles but i run a support group in England for fibro and cannot find anyone who suffers like this.
  2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I've had similar symptoms over the years (diagnosed about 4 years ago too).

With me it's usually feeling as if my insides are slowly inflating and about to explode. Usually a release of gas from the stomach relieves it (I've never burped so much in my life). Periodically this feeling is accompanied by a burning sensation which my doctor described as a form of neuritis - harmless but uncomfortable. It doesn't help that I also suffer from acid reflux and costo - which all produce similar symptoms which drive me up the wall.

The jumping feeling you mention could be a muscle spasm or a nervous electrical impulse. Sometimes I feel as if my stomach has just rolled over itself - similar to the sensation yuo get when going down in a lift.

Fibro has the weirdest effects on the muscles and the nervous symptom. When you consider that the stomach is the seat of the concentration of nerves it's not surprising that a lot of us suffer with gastric discomfort and problems.

By the way, I'm a UK sufferer too from London.

3. mikeval

mikeval New Member

many thanks for your reply, this awful fibro seems to have so many weird symptoms that it is difficult to know if a particular symptom is caused by it or not. the only thing is that i have had it for a long time and i am still here!!!!! but no consolation when ia am suffering
  4. Beadedbeauty

Beadedbeauty New Member

I visit my gastro doc often. I informed him of that "full" feeling after eating a few bites. His reply was that is a effect from diabetes. So you might want to get that checked.
    I am constantly bloated and gascious...
    all my gastro doc says is its IBS....I do take Prontonix for the excess acid in my stomach which helps temporarily.
    I just feel that its a condition I am gonna have to deal with until something serious happens.
    BB
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have chronic digestive problems, feeling full, etc. My wonderful chiropractor who does muscle testing got me taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid and it has made all the difference in the world. In addition to helping my digestion, it helped my gallbladder which had been prone to getting inflamed.

Enzymes alone were not enough for me, I had to have the hydrochloric acid as well. I believe this is very common for people with CFIDS.

Mary
  6. Txslady

Txslady New Member

Gastritis....I was diagnosed in December last year. It can/will make you miserable. I still have not been able to get rid of it probably because of the anxiety associated with the Fibro.

Gastritis is a mild irritation, inflammation, or infection of the stomach lining. It may be a sudden attack or chronic.

Shannon
  7. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

my doctor (after many, many tests) finally diagnosed me with a "leaky gut". The medical term is malabsorption syndrome. Nutrients and food particles are not being absorbed properly, some going into my blood stream. Symptoms: lose of weight, gas, nausea, diareaha, throughing up at times... Look this up on the internet and possibly talk to your doctor about it. Hope this gives new insight. Good luck, Mikeval!