digestive symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Jan 16, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

I have been in a flare up more severe than any I have had. I am having alot of problems with my appetite and digestion Can you all tell me what types of symptoms come with the disease. Sometimes I feel like the food is like a lump in my stomach. I have no interest in eating. I feel so blue.
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I think maybe you are not getting many responses because you did not ask specific questions. I am not sure what you want to know, so I'll just answer in general.
    Some folks with FMS lose their appetite, and many more become ravenously hungry for carbohydrates. Some have diarreha and some have constipation, and some have both. Some have heartburn and bloating and gas, and many have gastric reflux into the throat. Most of us have some sort of digestive problem.
    I think ALL of us should be taking Probiotics and digestive enzymes daily. They help a lot. Go up to the top of the page where it says "search previous posts" and put in those two things and you should get lots of previous discussion about them. You can also get tons of info by doing a websearch.
    Hang in there!
    Klutzo
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

...Bobolee, My pain is at it's worst, and my occaissional bouts with nausea, gas and diarrhea,etc, have become daily. I have lost 22lbs. My Dr. keeps saying nothing is wrong with me. I dread eating. Well, Now I have a Yeast Infection very bad, and I've been on the Internet researching "candidiasis" and Leaky Gut Syndrome. Please do the same. And do what Klutzo said. Food allergies may be the the problem. For 3 Bless-ed days now, I have followed a diet and taken probiotics & enzymes,and I am almost alive again with a little energy, & no bloating & diarrhea! I hope you find relief soon. Do your homework! Fibromiester