DIOGNOSTICS

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by kaleigh12, Feb 22, 2012.

1. kaleigh12

kaleigh12 New Member

I have pain, swelling of joints, low immune system, aches, nausea, and short term memory loss.
    when i was 17 i was diagnosed with RA, even though blood results were negative. i went into remission when i was 21. while in remission, i was also diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis, fibromyalgia, cfs, and severe migrains. I had an MRI and Catscan of the head and it showed no abnormalities. My blood tests always come up clean pending thyroid levels. My body shows other wise: hands are extremely stiff, get swollen, hot and red, and sometimes go numb to the point if im grasping something, i drop it. Knees alternate from bad to worse, left knee first then in a few days the right one starts to flare up. this pattern continues up to my elbows, shoulders, entire back, neck. I too get the feeling of being ran over by a car but with no bruises to show the pain(FM). when i do have bruises, i never remember what from, and they last for weeks if not longer. blood tests show no abnormal white or red blood cell counts.
    I came out of remission from my RA this past summer(24). symptoms now: extreme pain from head to toe, literally. Days or bad, worse, intolerable, and i get a few good days which i take total advantage of! I am now 25 and the newest symptoms are double vision, dizziness, inability to read, drive, and short term memory loss. Thats the one that bugs me most. I already feel like they are gonna lock me up someday in a looney bin and the memory loss doesn't help. I often don't remember what i did the day before, or if iv eaten, or if i took my meds. My husband color coded my meds and checks at night to make sure i took them. and when the docs ask if im depressed i want to slap him. stupid question. the feeling that you are trapped in this disfunctional body wouldn't make anyone happy. My faith is in the lord and I know that he will never give me more than him and I together can't handle and in knowing this, makes me hopeful and optimistic, well as much as I can be anyways. I'm not a down person, even though i live in a world of pain. Doctors have not yet found out what is going on with me. They give me morphine, oxicotin, vicodin, ativan for anxiety, wellbutrin for "depression", promethazine for nausea, levbid bc i can no longer digest my food they way i should from the side effects of pain killers, adderall to help adhd and fatigue, hydrothyazide for edma and high blood pressure, imitrex injections for migrain, flexerall, and depokote for migrains, and they want to put me back on methotrexate for my ra which still is neg on the blood tests, and finally synthroid for my hashimotos.
    I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I question if i actually have all these multiple disorders or maybe just one disorder and everything else are symptoms. I wish there were a doctor like House on the tv show lol. if anyone knows what this may all sound like PLEASE let me know! Im poked, prauded, examined, and treated like an "interesting lab rat" for them to experiment on. I have a son whos almost going to be two whom is a miracle baby since i was told at age 18 that I would never conceive and was put on disease modifiers that cause women to be sterile. I want to be here for him as long as God will let me, i dread the days when it hurts to hold him or when im too tired to play with him and worse is when im a cranky b#@$* and take it out on my husband and son. If anyone knows anything of my disorders please please let me know.
    Thank you and God bless.
    -Kaleigh
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi!

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad and have suffered so much.

I can tell you from my own experience that your symptoms sound like you may have several tick-borne infections.

It is very common for people with symptoms like yours to be labeled with RA, FM, CFS, and a variety of other diagnosis that address each symptom.

However...those diagnoses usually do not address the ROOT CAUSE of the symptoms....it only gives it a name and the patient feels satisfied that the Dr has given them an answer.

In order to get better, you really need to find the root cause of your symptoms.

Many people on the CFS/FM board here, later found out that they have tick-borne infections such as Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease), Bartonella, Babesia, Ehrlichia, Mycoplasma and others.

Ticks are a cesspool of disease and 99% of Dr's do not understand how to recognize, diagnose or treat them. That leaves thousands and thousands of people undiagnosed or improperly treated.

It is very important to note that Lyme tests such as the ELISA and western blot are very unreliable. Many people with Lyme disease have only negative results.

Most Dr's see a negative Lyme test result and tell the patient that they do not have lyme, when in reality many people really do have lyme and the tests are just so poor.

There is a new test that is a culture test that is reliable. Here is the link to the article about it.

The lab's website is at the bottom of the article:

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=16517&site=articles

I found a Lyme Literate MD through Lymenet.org's "Seeking a Doctor" board and I am getting better. I was diagnosed with FM for 21 years before finding out I really have Lyme and Bartonella...and the FM was a symptom of it...along with the insomnia, neck pain, soreness, headaches, fatigue, etc.

These infections also frequently cause psychiatric symptoms, joint pain, fatigue, migraines, thyroid problems, memory problems, dizziness, etc.

Dr's think they are doing you a favor by giving you a bunch of diagnoses, but they are really just describing symptoms, like you eluded to.

I am going to give you some info to read.

Please look carefully at the symptom list and info in the first link:

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

Great info from the association that Lyme literate Doctors belong to (ILADS):

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/about_lyme.html

The following link is the "Bible" of Lyme disease treatment written by a Lyme literate MD. It contains a comprehensive symptom list on pages 9-11, and great info about symptoms of coinfections like Bartonella, Babesia, etc on pages 22-27:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

There is a Lyme board here if you want to post there about anything, or read some info. It's not real active but I check it everyday.

There is also a FM board, Arthritis board, etc.

You may benefit from going to lymenet.org....click on flash discussion....sign up for free...click on the "Medical Questions" board and read posts, and post your own questions about your symptoms by clicking on "Post New Topic".

Let me know if I can help you with more info.

Good luck, I hope you get some real answers and get better.

Don't expect your GP, Rheumy or Infectious disease Dr to understand Lyme diagnosis, testing or treatment....that's why there are so many sick, undiagnosed people.

[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2012]