Dis. Ins. just doesn't get it - help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texascountry, Aug 24, 2003.

1. texascountry

texascountry New Member

I never really realized how important this venue was to me until now. I just got my letter from my disability insurance and the first thing I wanted to do was come here and talk to all. I really just need to vent right now but, I'll take whatever advice any can offer.

I did get approved by my disability insurance - sort of. My policy calls for me to get 60% of my last pay. that is an amount we could get by on. I will get that amount for the past due and for Sept. Then they will only send me the difference between their estimate of what SS. would pay and that 60%. they will continue to send this amount until SS either approves me or I have exhausted all my appeals on a denial.

The smaller amount we can't get by on. But the real kicker to me is that they are approving my claim, not on chronic fatique or chronic pain, but only on a "psychiatric in nature" basis. therefore, I am eligible for only two years of benifits.

According to them, all five of my doctors reports and their medical department all agree, it is only in my head.

I figured that the insurance company wouldn't understand fibro - but to find out that none of my doctor's do either, is hard to take.

I know I should be grateful that I am getting something, but darn it - I know and you know that it IS NOT JUST IN OUR HEADS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for providing a place to do it.
  2. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

One that deals with Fibro. I am so sorry that you got the kick in the pants. It probably isn't the first time, nor will it be the last! I have CFS and people act like I'm just looking for something to have wrong with me, and I surely could have come up with something more convincing than Chronic Fatigue..." (or "Always Tired Syndrome") My mother asked me to explain what it was, and her reply was,"oh, I have all that and diarhea too!"...(((LOL!!)))

Just keep trying...in 2 years you will really need all the info you can get to get your dis. continued.

God Bless!
    Sumbuni

[ advertisement ]