disability and having been a homemaker for last 10 years

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Aug 26, 2002.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

I have been a homemaker for the last 10 years and because of my constant pain my husband and I havent even thought of me working. I was wondering if anyone else out there has been able to get any kind of disability after having not worked in the last 10 years. Very frustrating because we could really use the second income right now. My husband is working 2 jobs. Just wondering? Thanks Kathleen
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

I have been a homemaker for the last 10 years and because of my constant pain my husband and I havent even thought of me working. I was wondering if anyone else out there has been able to get any kind of disability after having not worked in the last 10 years. Very frustrating because we could really use the second income right now. My husband is working 2 jobs. Just wondering? Thanks Kathleen
  3. G

G New Member

If you are from Canada and have not been working for years you can apply for Supplementary Spousal Disability and Disability through your provincial social services. Check out www.gov.ca if in Canada. In the States I can't remember right now but check your government sites regarding disability. Someone here might know where you can go.

Good luck
    G
  4. seaview

seaview New Member

[ advertisement ]