DISABILITY ANTIANXIETY MEDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by APOPOLOW, Feb 23, 2007.

1. APOPOLOW

APOPOLOW New Member

I AM GOING FOR MY 3RD DISABILITY HEARING AND I AM REALLY SCARED TO DEATH THAT I WONT GET IT AGAIN. THE JUDGE IS GIVING PEOPLE SS BEIFITS THAT ARE HOMELESS, NO FAMILY, ETC. I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECAUSE MY HUBBY WORKS AND I HAVE A HOME(BARELY). WHAT CAN I DO OR SAY TO INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING IT THIS TIME. ALSO, MY PSYCHISATRIST REFUSES TO GIVE ME ANTIANXIETY MEDS AND GIVES ME NUERTOITN INSTEAD, I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I AM GOING TO OREDER THEM OF THE INTERNET. DOES ANY ONE KNOW A DR. IN NORHTEAST PA THAT CAN HELP ME WITH MY FM AND DEPRESSION/ANXIETY. I AM SICK OF THE HOSPITAL I GO TO BECAUSE THEY DONT BELIEVE IN FM.AND THEY AREN'T HELPING ME ANYMORE
    APOPOLOW
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Neurotin (Gaba-pentin) modifies the GABA receptors in the brain. Theanine is an amino acid that is the transport mechanism to help GABA cross the blood brain barrier.

Prohealth sells it.

Also, Prohealth just had another newsletter on NADH, it helps your body make dopamine: a neurotransmitter that helps settle down pain signals from our body.

Have been tested for toxic metals? Toxic metals can mess up enzymes that make up our neurotransmitters. Lead & Mercury weaken the immune system.
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

This is horrible!

I am so sorry to hear you are going thru all of this.

Have you fought for the SSDI claiming mental and physical disablitiies? This is how I got approved.

Secondly, if you are having trouble with your doctor...(because g-d knows the amount of doctors ive tossed to the curb because they wouldnt listen to me) then you need to keep looking for a new one. I know it is such a pain to do it because that is exactly the way I feel, but I knew I deserved better treatment and I kept on kickin em until I found good ones!

Please, if you havent yet, check you the good doctor list. I know this post will get bumped with my reply so maybe someone can tell you how to get to it.

I wish you lived in Mass. cuz Id send you to my doctors.

I am truly so sorry because I know exactly what it is like to be in your shoes trying to find doctors.

And keep fighting for that disablity. Claim every little medical problem that you have, no matter how insignificant you think it is , because they may not find it so insignificant!

Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I told her do you honestly think I would be her if I could work.I had just gotten a promotion just before I became ill .I was taking home $2000.00 a week and all I will get from SS is 704.00 a MONTH minus 88.00 for Medicare.

Thats exactly what I told her.I got a bench approval.Cause its true who in there right mine would fake this for that little bit of money.WAY under poverty level.

She said that i was a very credible witness.Means she knew I was not lying.

Good Luck
    Sue : PS if you read this post please let us know you did.That way if we come up with something else we will know you have been back.And by the way welcome to the board.I see its your first post.You will enjoy it here I am sure.

5. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

It took me 2 times before I got my disability but I had a lawyer specific to SS disability. I would suggest that you find another phych. as this does not sound typical that he would not give you something for anxiety but will give you a med that my rheumatologist gives me.

I also had written letters from both of these docs stating what I had and the fact that I could not effectively work. I also have a house and my hubby makes a pretty good salary. I live in Calif. so maybe the laws are different. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEXT COURT HEARING!!

Pirt