Disability Appeal Hearing Please read.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cyndi40, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Cyndi40

Cyndi40 New Member

Hi all,
    Hope this finds you with some relief today.. I wanted to ask a quick question if some who have received disability could take a minute out and read this and give me some advice, I would be so appreciative.

I finally got a court date about a month from now. I was supposed to send the paperwork back to the judge letting their office know that I can be there for the hearing on that particular day. I've had some new medical problems (with my heart) arise over the past couple of weeks that has kind of blown me out of the water and I've not felt like doing anything, much less filling out paperwork again... but I realize it's so important right now as it's my appeal hearing.

I want to write a personal note to the judge to let him know my reasons for not getting it back within the 7 day period (I'm not much over the date it was supposed to be returned by) and do you think that he would take offense if I write a personal letter to him explaining my situation? Has anyone ever done this and did it help you or work against you, if you did? I just feel sometimes that even on the piles of paperwork we fill out for them and our attorneys doesn't always allow us to put our true feelings of frustration and hurt and pain and depression (dealing with near constant pain) and I would like to write a personal letter to him just to let him know how very hard it is right now on me. I would definitely word it nicely and not harshly, but I also don't want to do anything to hurt this case as it's been nearly 3 years and I really need assistance. What advice could or would some of you give me who have been through this already?

God bless and thanks in advance for any comments or remarks. I would also appreciate any prayers that you guys could send up on my behalf. I am so depressed right now and it feels like I'll never be or feel happy again. I know I'm not the only one with pain, but normally I can shake off the depression after a couple of days when it comes. Just too much going on and I'm scared of the hearing as my lawyer called this judge a "scary *****", and now I'm worried even more about the hearing.

Cyndi
  2. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

I WOULD ASK YOUR ATTORNY, IF YOU HAVE THE WRONG KIND OF JUDGE IT COULD HURT. MY ATTORNY KNEW HOW EACH JUDGE WAS, AND WHEN I GOT MINE SHE EXPLAINED HOW THIS JUDGE USEALLY RESPONDS, THEY KNOW THE JUDGES, IF YOU HAVE A GOOD ATTORNEY YOU WILL BE FINE IF YOU DO AS THEY TELL YOU. LET THE ATTORNY HANDLE IT BEING SENT LATE, YOU NEED TO GET IT OUT ASAP, THIS COULD CAUSE SRIOUS REPERCUSSIONS, THE SYSTEM MAKES IT AS HARD ON YOU AS POSSIBLE TO GET YOU TO BACK OUT. ON YOUR COURT DATE LOOK AS BAD AS PSOOIBLE, WEAR A SHIRT THAT MAKES YOUR SKIN TONE BAD, DO NOT DRESS UP, DO NOT WEAR A LOT OF JEWLERY, MAKEUP OR FANCY HAIR , YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOOK LIKE YOU FEEL GOOD OR HAD ENERGY TO LOOK GOOD. YOU WANT TO LOOK SICK. THINK OF ONE OF YOUR WORST DAYS AND RESPOND LIKE YOU ARE FEELING THE WAY YOU DO ON YOUR WORST DAY. PUT ON A SHOW FOR THAT DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU FINANCIAL FUTURE, IF YOU LOOK TO HEALTHY THEY JUDGE YOUR APPEARANCE. GOOD LUCK
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would deffinitly get a lawyer to send in the letter you are talking about and the reason why it is late. They know how to word things like this so that it will not affect your case.

Jake
  4. Cyndi40

Cyndi40 New Member

Thanks you guys for answering this... anyone else have more ideas? I'm afraid right now that I've screwed this up and I've been waiting all this time...that would be a shame. I don't really know that my lawyers are even on top of this... I am receiving all the forms and having to fill them out myself and I get very little feedback from the lawyers when I call. Its too late to hire new ones I guess... I don't want to make it worse... I'm so upset.. my attorney told me that my judge is very scary... he shouldn't have told me that... i'm afraid enough as it is :(
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

I would not write the judge anything more than "I'm so sorry this is late; I had serious medical problems and could not return it on time. If you need medical records to document this, please advise me."

Send a copy to your attorney.

This actually proves how you cannot function up to others' expectations!

It should be ok; however, make sure you have records ready to copy and send to judge if his court asks you to!

And do it immediately, or have it ready "just in case"!

Good luck to you....
    findmind