Disability approval WITHOUT a hearing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. srobins

    srobins New Member

    Has anyone had their SSDI disability case approved without seeing the judge? The judge has been reviewing my case for almost a month now - waiting to hear if I will have to go to a hearing or if he will make an off the record decision.
  2. Rene

    Rene New Member

    Not trying to gloat but give you hope. I too, got SSA on the first try. Didn't even go in just sent in the papers and a couple of calls. I have CFS and in early 30s. I was just about totally bedridden. I was lucky if I could take a shower 3 times a week and I ain't kiddin!
  3. JLH

    JLH New Member

    Yes, my SSDI was approved on my first try. No lawyer. No hearing. No judge. I was extremely lucky. It only took 4 months.
  4. lovethesun

    lovethesun New Member

    I had a lot of documentation from many doctors.My husband wrote down everything I couldn't do and I had an attention span of 10 seconds(worst fibrofog ever on the day of my physical.I think it all boils down to getting everything in writing.I hope somebofy reads this that might be able to answer your question.
  5. Sue50

    Sue50 New Member

    I was approved on the first try, I'm bi polar and FM
  6. rigby

    rigby New Member

    Mine was approved without judge but it did go to the state for review took awhile but approved
  7. LostHearts

    LostHearts New Member

    I applied and was turned down even though my doctor told the SS doctor on the phone that he had never seen anyone in such unrelenting pain in the last 10 years! Got a lawyer who appealed that decision for me. He found out that SSD lost my file for 8 months! After 1 1/2 years, they finally approved me. They should be sued for losing the file which resulted in such a long wait. Meanwhile, we became ever more broke and finally lost everything to bankruptcy. But I got approved.

    Since then have had to go through another complete review and then this year just got a questionnaire and stated my condition had worsened. They told me my benefits would continue.

    srobins-How long since you first applied? Just curious...
  8. gongee

    gongee New Member

    I was initally turned down the first two times, so I hired a lawyer. The hearing date was set and the day before I was to be in front of the judge, lawyer called and congratulated me saying the judge had approved my disability by the records only and I didn't need to come to the hearing. I was so relieved. Good luck and hang in there.

    BLUEROSE7 New Member

    I was denied intial claim, then approved at Reconsideration stage without a lawyer. I had alot of documents...letters from doctors etc...

    Good Luck
  10. Vada

    Vada New Member

    I applied in July and just got accepted end of September. Only initial interview to give all papers and one phone call from them to clarify information. LaVada
  11. srobins

    srobins New Member

    for SSDI in December 2004. I received my denial letter in February 2005. I believe I would have been awarded the first time around IF my urologist's office manager would have sent the proper documentation to Social Security. Besides having FM, CFS, IBS, Migraines, Tarsel Tunnel, I also suffer from Interstitial Cystitis and go to the bathroom over 60 times a day some days. On a good day, I go about 30 + times a day. All of this is in a report that the urologist had written which states, "The patient suffers from intractible interstitial cystitis which is failing all medical treatments she has attempted. And the office manager, who thinks she is God and knows everything, took it upon herself to not send the information. I also had two sleep studies done, which SSDI did not get either, that shows how little sleep I get each night. I got an attorney the day after my denial letter came in February. The first week of September, my attorney told me they needed income verification from my Mary Kay business and this was all the judge was waiting on to decide my claim. I quit my full-time job in 2002 due to my health, then did Mary Kay part-time, became a director, then had to resign my position because I had a very bad relapse and ended up in bed for 3 months and couldn't do my job. In the state I am in, the reconsideration phase has been eliminated. I am hoping to have enough evidence to not have a hearing. My case manager at the lawyer's office told me that the lawyer wouldn't have taken my case if she didn't think I would win. I have had my mother, sister, husband, my two uplines in Mary Kay write letters for me. I also had kept a diary for a couple of months at the beginning of the year which I sent to the judge as well. I also sent to the judge 3 years worth of job evaluations that showed, when I was relatively healthy, the kind of worker I was and hopefully this will show him I am not just lazy.

    This year, I had a Cardiopulmonary Functioning Test which shows I have "Severe impairment of the whole person", whith a 51% - 100% loss of function". There was another test, something to do with oxygen, which met the Social Security Disability's criteria of disabled. I go to the F & F Center for treatment and the doctor there wrote an EXTENSIVE letter, with referenced back-up information and showed how the blood tests they did determined that I am disabled under the medical definition. My Natural Killer Cell Activity was 11.5, now it is down to 3.8, which shows that my body cannot fight off infection and it is very dangerous for me to be where there are a lot of germs, etc. My family doctor, F & F doctor, urologist (I talked to him and he PERSONALLY sent the information that was needed this time), podiatrist all sent information to my attorney stating that I cannot work as well.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  12. vertiesmth

    vertiesmth New Member

  13. srobins

    srobins New Member

    What state are you in? I live in PA. My lawyer said actually my case has been ahead of schedule. It just seems to be taking a long time for the judge to make a decision. Of course, it's hard to tell how many other cases he has as well. Since I have been self-employed, I had to send him 3 years worth of weekly sales sheets to show proof of hours I worked! He will probably be glad when I am finished! How long have you been waiting?
  14. rbecca47

    rbecca47 New Member

    i was a proved the second time around, my ssd was apporved, i am still waiting to hear from ssi. we will see if that gets apporved,

[ advertisement ]