Disability Approved

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kitteejo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that my disability was approved this week. I applied in September 2008 and two months later I was approved. I'm still in shock that it happened so quickly. My back pay arrived in my checking account two days before I received my confirmation letter. What a wonderful birthday and Christmas present that was!

I used the advise on Disinissues and Pro Health and would advise all that want to file on your own to do so too. I was totally honest in all that I wrote and answered questions.

My diagnosis is CFS, Bipolar and FM. My SSD representative said my age helped a lot. I'm only a few years away from applying for SS.

I want to stress that this was not an easy task but rather quite stressful. My paper work took me three months to complete before I actually applied. I wanted to quit many days but just kept pushing forward. My worst experience was the psych exam but I did survive it.

I would be happy to share my advise if anyone is interested.

As everyone has told me: "Don't ever give up the fight until you win"

Best to all of you,

2. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

Dear Kiteejo: I am so happy for you. I was approved in November after applying in April of 08. I had to hire an attorney because I was way too sick to do it myself. I know how hard you must have worked to get approved so fast. Good for you for sticking it out. I am proud of you.

Now go do something nice for yourself. I got a new laptop because my old one was falling apart.

3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

What great advise Kelly, "do something for my self". My first thoughts were to help out my kids and grandkids, redo my Christmas budget, give to the poor and give to the church. I even ordered a special gift for my husband. I forgot about myself. I did go and buy my self a $20 sweater and pair of pants. duh.... I'll have to think about this.

Hugs to you too,

4. savvy50

savvy50 New Member

Congratulations on your SSD approval. You are really fortunate to receive a decision so quickly. I filed in June 2008, for the second time, and I'm still waiting.
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you so much for posting your great news. It is so important for those of us who are still dragging in the process. I have no idea why some get approved so quickly and others do not. Unfortunately I am in the NOT list so far. I am waiting for a hearing date...sigh.

I am so glad you do not have this added stress on you anymore.

Take care,
  6. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

So glad thats all behind you and you won! Celebrate and do something nice for yourself. Great that you got a decision so quickly I waited over 5 years before I won and that was with a lawyer.Take a deep breath now and destress. Blessing to you!