Disability Attorney in Indiana HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, May 1, 2006.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Anyone here know of a good disability attorney in Indiana?

Could you provide name, address, and phone. I work occassionally as a substitute teacher. NOt more than three days a week. Some weeks, not at all.

Thanks?
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Although I'm sure there are some.

Are you talking about Soc Sec. disability? Scott Davis in Arizona is well-known for representing folks
    w/ CFS/FM. I've read he can handle cases all over the country. Might want to check him out.

Yes, you really need a lawyer. Soc. Sec. denies most cases. An atty is essential.
  3. meditationlotus

office told me that I could not be working part-time while applying for disability, even though the SSI OR SSDI application info says that you can. See my other two posts. I'm caught in a catch 22.

Thanks
  4. meditationlotus

5. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

HI,
    I LIVE IN KOKOMO, ITS ABOUT 50 MILES FROM INDY.I USED ALLSUP TO GET MY SSD DISABILITY. THEY DID ALL THE PAPER WORK AND CONTACTING THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE. I DID HAVE TO GO TO THE JUDGE, THEY SENT A LAWYER TO INDY TO REPRESENT ME. I WAS QUITE PLEASED WITH THEM. IF YOUR INTRESTED IN CHECKING THEM OUT JUST GO TO THEIR WEB SIGHT, YOU CAN GET ALL THE INFO YOU NEED TO CONTACT THEM. GOOD LUCK
    TAKE CARE CAROLYN
  6. meditationlotus

Were you working part-time? Is Allsup the law firm whose attorney has CFS? I think I talked with him. His name is Michael? Talked with him over the internet. He said he could help me, and I told him I worked. He also stressed that I needed to have a psychological disorder - that it would help the case. Which I do.

I posted a question to this board, if they had heard of him and if he was good. No one had heard of him. And I was still in denial about having this illness, so was afraid to pursue. I will contact them again. They sound good.

I think it was called Allsup.

Thanks.
  7. meditationlotus