DIsability Attorney in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawn7413, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Dawn7413

Dawn7413 New Member

I have lupus, fibromyalgia and cfs -- I am having to go on disability so I can finally listen to the doctors and go onthe meds that they need to have me on.

Does anyone know of a good disability attorney in Wisoconsin -- I live in SE Wisconsin but am willing to travel wherever to find someone understanding.

This is also to work with Wisconsin Retirement System / Employee Benefits disability not Social Security disability.

Any help would be wonderful as I am scared of the process.

Thanks all and God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2006]
  2. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I don't know how good they are.

I went thru on my own for my SSD back in 91-92...took three rounds...Could not get it for Lupus back then, got it for PTSD...My case worker had family or friend with Lupus. so she pushed for it fo me.

I was reevaluated avery 2-3yrs...then they figured out that this was here to stay, after so many years.

Maybe someone from Chicagoland or Milwakee would have some leads since you are down in that part of the state.

Suz

[This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

so, of course, I know quite a bit about WRS. Since I had an early retirement package, I didn't use my disability. Just took the retirement which also pays the social security portion, if you are not too far from retirement.

I remember that we had LTD and that would pay for up to 90% of our wages. The HR office where you're working should be able to give you all the information you need. I noticed that someone mentioned Binder & Binder. You might, also, check you phone directory.

Good luck

janieb