Disability Concern

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, May 18, 2003.

1. JP

JP New Member

I hope you might be able to ease a bit of my SSDI waiting anxiety. Can they turn me down if I am clearly disabled; all the pictures, doctors reports, disease state and FMS?

I could use some positive shares. My doctor wrote an amazing letter and sent it out the day after SSDI had requested information. I have been unable to work since 12/01. I am out of savings, have dipped into the 401K and my State Disability runs out in 8 weeks. I have delayed filing with the thought of returning to work...even though I KNEW that I wouldn't make it past the first day.

For months I have been trying to figure out ways of making some income and my mind and body will NOT support my desires. I have a graduate degree and am writing a book. I have the knowledge, experience and ability and I can't focus enough to write. I have mountains of research. I just have not been able to do more than collect data and develop the outline, title and title page.

I guess I needed to share. I have been in a difficult place. I can see the gifts in my life and appreciate my life...I am just fearful...

Thanks for all of your support.
    Jan
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Claims you are disabled under any of the SS's own "Listings," it cannot be denied. Your atty. will know what these Listings are and should be sending questionnaires with you to all your docs to have them sign that you meet the criteria for disability under whatever Listing applies, usually 1.02 for us.

Love, Mikie
  3. JP

JP New Member

I don't have legal support. Should I have it? I just applied on my own, with my doctor's knowledge and support.

Thank you again,
    Jan

4. JP

JP New Member

I am at the initial stage. I have been on State Disability for almost a year now. My funds run out in July. I am working on the Daily Activites Questionnaire right now for spinal injuries and conditions.

thanks again,
    Jan