Disability denied my claim because they say knee was work injury

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Oct 21, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

The icon says it all. My hospital really gave it to me.

WC says not a work injury, disability says yes it is and they will not pay for that reason and the other was because they made "accommodations" for me in my brace and they do not understand why I could not work up until my surgery. I asked my case worker what exactly were these accommodations? About 90% was a lie. She also said and they told me you sit to scan your patients and I told her to put on a stabalization brace that goes from your groin area to the middle of you calf and sit down and see how comfortable it was-as soon as you sit your let goes out like Hitlers arm and I had no where to put it. It was swelling they claim they gave me plenty of time to ice it etc between patients-balony we were short staffed the week adn half I was on restricted duty. The only truth was that I did not do portables and they would take some of my patients back to the floor for me.

I am getting in touch with my WC Attorney today and I guess it is time for the games to begin.

This whole ordeal has had me totally consumed with depression and stress. I am trying, i repeat TRYING on a daily basis to let go and let live-trying to pray for those I hold resentment towards-etc etc etc. I am having a real hard time being spiritual with this one and it is eating me up alive.

I have not posted for a while because I have had nothing positve to say and did not know if you guys wanted to hear me whine anymore. But I guess that is why we are here for each other, as one of the friends from this board emailed me.

Good news is I started physical therapy and the knee is feeling much better. Pain is subsiding. The first few days after I started exercising again for the first time in a long time, about a year-boy, oh, boy did it hurt---ugg!

Also started some new vitamins, liguid form that are helping tremendously with pain and brain fog.

I know deep down inside this too shall pass, but it sure is hard being in the thick of it. the stress level I have allowed myself to be at it killing me-mentally and emotionally, not to mention the usual fibro physically.

We are getting by and with my husbands support we are going to try and make it $$$$$wise until the first of the year so I can get my act together.

As angry as I am at the moment-not sure if I will work for another hospital-I am thinking part time in docs office or outpatient center and focusing on a home based bussiness or perhaps real estate-the Triad in North Carolina is #2 sprawling area in the country so real estate or morgage work should be good for a few years and less stress on my body than ultrasound. Right now I am trying desperately to take a day at a time and take good care of myself.

It has been hard, I feel inadequit, and impoverished-the kids are driving me crazy with the I wants and why do we not have any money-they are not used to me saying no to things like the movies and eating out once in a while-heck I do not even see my therapist as much as I need to because I do not have the copayment to go. It is humbling and making us resourseful-the other day we collected all of our old books and a few video games and took them to a used book store and parlayed them into new used books and games. We enjoyed it.

My neighbor and best friend said I was so obsesssed by this whole situation and it laid on my mind until this morning and she was right. so now that I own it hopefully I can take baby steps to move on.

This disease surely changes people-it has me-a lot for the good and and a lot for the bad as well. Over the past three years I became someone not everyone liked, including myself and that was not something I am used to. I have always gotten along with everyone with not too much left for folks to talk about behind my back. I really was not liked at my job and they wanted my gone-that is a hard thing to swallow. Found out yesterday that the idea I had about a coworker and I spliting a shift is now being offered to another girl and the girl I was going to do it with because of their home situations. One has a boy with ADHD and the other just had twins.
    That qualifies but the fact that I was not up to working full time due to illness and stress and noone to help with the kids and a daughter that was ill did not qualify. That hurts.

Thereis a tiny light at the end of the tunnel if I sqint-so I am sqinting and holding on to that flicker by my fingernails.

thanks for listening and i hope all are doing well

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

The icon says it all. My hospital really gave it to me.

WC says not a work injury, disability says yes it is and they will not pay for that reason and the other was because they made "accommodations" for me in my brace and they do not understand why I could not work up until my surgery. I asked my case worker what exactly were these accommodations? About 90% was a lie. She also said and they told me you sit to scan your patients and I told her to put on a stabalization brace that goes from your groin area to the middle of you calf and sit down and see how comfortable it was-as soon as you sit your let goes out like Hitlers arm and I had no where to put it. It was swelling they claim they gave me plenty of time to ice it etc between patients-balony we were short staffed the week adn half I was on restricted duty. The only truth was that I did not do portables and they would take some of my patients back to the floor for me.

I am getting in touch with my WC Attorney today and I guess it is time for the games to begin.

This whole ordeal has had me totally consumed with depression and stress. I am trying, i repeat TRYING on a daily basis to let go and let live-trying to pray for those I hold resentment towards-etc etc etc. I am having a real hard time being spiritual with this one and it is eating me up alive.

I have not posted for a while because I have had nothing positve to say and did not know if you guys wanted to hear me whine anymore. But I guess that is why we are here for each other, as one of the friends from this board emailed me.

Good news is I started physical therapy and the knee is feeling much better. Pain is subsiding. The first few days after I started exercising again for the first time in a long time, about a year-boy, oh, boy did it hurt---ugg!

Also started some new vitamins, liguid form that are helping tremendously with pain and brain fog.

I know deep down inside this too shall pass, but it sure is hard being in the thick of it. the stress level I have allowed myself to be at it killing me-mentally and emotionally, not to mention the usual fibro physically.

We are getting by and with my husbands support we are going to try and make it $$$$$wise until the first of the year so I can get my act together.

As angry as I am at the moment-not sure if I will work for another hospital-I am thinking part time in docs office or outpatient center and focusing on a home based bussiness or perhaps real estate-the Triad in North Carolina is #2 sprawling area in the country so real estate or morgage work should be good for a few years and less stress on my body than ultrasound. Right now I am trying desperately to take a day at a time and take good care of myself.

It has been hard, I feel inadequit, and impoverished-the kids are driving me crazy with the I wants and why do we not have any money-they are not used to me saying no to things like the movies and eating out once in a while-heck I do not even see my therapist as much as I need to because I do not have the copayment to go. It is humbling and making us resourseful-the other day we collected all of our old books and a few video games and took them to a used book store and parlayed them into new used books and games. We enjoyed it.

My neighbor and best friend said I was so obsesssed by this whole situation and it laid on my mind until this morning and she was right. so now that I own it hopefully I can take baby steps to move on.

This disease surely changes people-it has me-a lot for the good and and a lot for the bad as well. Over the past three years I became someone not everyone liked, including myself and that was not something I am used to. I have always gotten along with everyone with not too much left for folks to talk about behind my back. I really was not liked at my job and they wanted my gone-that is a hard thing to swallow. Found out yesterday that the idea I had about a coworker and I spliting a shift is now being offered to another girl and the girl I was going to do it with because of their home situations. One has a boy with ADHD and the other just had twins.
    That qualifies but the fact that I was not up to working full time due to illness and stress and noone to help with the kids and a daughter that was ill did not qualify. That hurts.

Thereis a tiny light at the end of the tunnel if I sqint-so I am sqinting and holding on to that flicker by my fingernails.

thanks for listening and i hope all are doing well

cathy
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

hi cathy,

big hugs! sorry to hear things are so tuff right now. i have soooo been where you are! i THINK my case is about to finalize, i sure hope so.

i really don't have any advice or anything, but i wanted to let you know you are not out in cyberland all by yourself! i, and probably many here, have been in similar circumstances.

you write: >>>>This whole ordeal has had me totally consumed with depression and stress. I am trying, i repeat TRYING on a daily basis to let go and let live-trying to pray for those I hold resentment towards-etc etc etc. I am having a real hard time being spiritual with this one and it is eating me up alive.<<<<

this is difficult to do, especially when you are ill, but, probably not impossible. i know that i had to allow myself to feel that resentment, even wallow a bit, before i could pass thru it, and then be able to let it go. doesn't mean that when i think about what has transpired, that i don't get plenty po'd about it! but, it no longer eats me up. i did also resort to medications when the depression took me away even from my immediate family. that seemed to have been timed perfectly for me, and things are looking much better (emotionally), and for me that's what now counts. As you said, you WILL get to that point, too, as this too shall pass. gather your strength where you can, we're all right here with you!

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grivances
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear you are having all these problems. I've been through some of them myself and know how stressful it can be. I'll send you an email later.

Take care.

Barbara
  5. sybil

sybil New Member

it seems unfair to me,can you not appeal?
    there is nothing worse than seeing your standard of living reduced,especially if you have children.i'm facing potentially losing my job and while at least my son is grown up and has a good job,so i don't need to worry about him,it's the worry in case anything goes wrong with the house and needs repairing,our house is over 100 years old,or a kitchen appliance breaks down.finding money for these things will be hard.so i understand how you feel...hugs,
    i hope you can get the decision reversed,good luck,

sybilxxx